[Erp5-dev] test running and Data.fs + MySQL catalog
Łukasz Nowak
2008-03-28 14:32:28 UTC

Is it possible to have Data.fs and SQL catalog be available after
running tests?

For now, I'm only able to operate on Data.fs and database after --save
switch, but I'd like to look at Data.fs after all/some tests run.

Regards,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 768 16 85 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.
Rafael Monnerat
Luke
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2008-04-11 11:01:30 UTC
Hello

Thanks for hint Rafael!
Solution to this issue was proposed in revision 20444 of experimental
repository.

Mikolaj
Post by Rafael Monnerat
I'm not so sure but you can change the custom_zodb.py at your unit_test
folder to use FileStorage instead DemoStorage.
Hello,
Łukasz Nowak
2008-04-29 09:33:26 UTC

On 2008-04-11, 13:01:30
Post by Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
Hello
Thanks for hint Rafael!
Solution to this issue was proposed in revision 20444 of experimental
repository.
Is it acceptable to include Mikolaj's patch in /trunk instead as FS
patch in experimental? (Which has to be corrected as trunk is
evolving...)

I'd love to have such functionality in stock system, and I think it is
not destroying anything.

Regards,
Luke

PS. Attached patch applies correctly on runUnitTest on r20837
PPS. Does using load/save combo provides same functionality?
Post by Łukasz Nowak
PPS. Does using load/save combo provides same functionality?
Yes, I think so.

J?rome
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2008-05-19 12:48:00 UTC
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by Łukasz Nowak
PPS. Does using load/save combo provides same functionality?
Yes, I think so.
Well, I'm sure I've checked that and neither --load nor --save or their
combination doesn't use file_storage, only demo_storage which is
temporary. Or am I missing something here?

Mikolaj
Łukasz Nowak
2008-06-03 14:39:14 UTC

On 2008-05-19, 14:48:00
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by Łukasz Nowak
PPS. Does using load/save combo provides same functionality?
Yes, I think so.
Well, I'm sure I've checked that and neither --load nor --save or
their combination doesn't use file_storage, only demo_storage which
is temporary. Or am I missing something here?
But save is working on Data.fs. Well - --save/--load would be great,
but --save is ignoring any unit tests, so it is not possible to left
what test made on Data.fs

So another +1 for commiting Mikolaj's --use-file-storage trick.

Regards,
Luke
Yoshinori Okuji
2008-06-06 12:45:30 UTC
Hello,
On 2008-05-19, 14:48:00
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by Łukasz Nowak
PPS. Does using load/save combo provides same functionality?
Yes, I think so.
Well, I'm sure I've checked that and neither --load nor --save or
their combination doesn't use file_storage, only demo_storage which
is temporary. Or am I missing something here?
But save is working on Data.fs. Well - --save/--load would be great,
but --save is ignoring any unit tests, so it is not possible to left
what test made on Data.fs
So another +1 for commiting Mikolaj's --use-file-storage trick.
I see no need to add a command-line option, when you can just modify one line
in custom_zodb.py.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi CTO
http://www.nexedi.com
http://www.erp5.org
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2008-06-06 14:11:38 UTC
Hello,
On 2008-05-19, 14:48:00
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by Łukasz Nowak
PPS. Does using load/save combo provides same functionality?
Yes, I think so.
Well, I'm sure I've checked that and neither --load nor --save or
their combination doesn't use file_storage, only demo_storage which
is temporary. Or am I missing something here?
But save is working on Data.fs. Well - --save/--load would be great,
but --save is ignoring any unit tests, so it is not possible to left
what test made on Data.fs
So another +1 for commiting Mikolaj's --use-file-storage trick.
I see no need to add a command-line option, when you can just modify one line
in custom_zodb.py.
Which line? Wouldn't that influence functional tests which use the
FileStorage too?

The patch was meant to give an option of storing data in permanent File
Storage, which in normal tests is very unwanted. But for creating
bootstrapped & tested site with installed BTs is perfect.

Mikolaj