[Erp5-dev] pdb doesn't work with ZSQLCatalog
Santi Camps
2009-04-15 16:36:02 UTC
Hi all,

I'm just beginning to use ZSQLCatalog, that looks great, working fine
until know, but I have a problem trying to debug my code. When
ZSQLCatalog product is added to my zope instance, pdb.set_trace()
doesn't work. If I remove the product, then works again. So, seems
that somewhere inside the product is disabling pdb, but couldn't find
what (no pdb refereces in the code, stdout looks right, ...).
Anybody knows what could be happening ?

Thanks in advance
--
Santi Camps (Earcon S.L.)
http://www.earcon.com
http://www.kmkey.com
Santi Camps

http://www.kmkey.com
Jérome Perrin
2009-04-15 17:17:42 UTC
Post by Santi Camps
Hi all,
I'm just beginning to use ZSQLCatalog, that looks great, working fine
until know, but I have a problem trying to debug my code. When
ZSQLCatalog product is added to my zope instance, pdb.set_trace()
doesn't work. If I remove the product, then works again. So, seems
that somewhere inside the product is disabling pdb, but couldn't find
what (no pdb refereces in the code, stdout looks right, ...).
Anybody knows what could be happening ?
Hello,

ERP5 enables psyco, and psyco "disables" pdb. I guess this is what
happened to you.
There is a wiki page describing a workaround
http://www.erp5.org/HowToDebugERP5#psycoissue

Maybe we could change ERP5 code to disable psyco when zope is running in
debug mode ?

J?rome