[Erp5-dev] erp5_trade - copy/paste - causality - error or design?
Shresth K
2007-05-14 13:14:17 UTC

I was trying the purchase module and encountered something which I found a
bit buggy(or rather I think so).

PO - Purchase Order
PPL - Purchase Packing List

All works fine until I copy/paste a PPL that has been created as a result of
a confirmed PO. In this case the causality of the newly pasted PPL instead
of being reset to causality/purchase_packing_list_module/newPPLid, it
remains as causality/purchase_order_module/confirmedPOid .

As a result when we look at the related objects for the PO, we get all the
PPLs, including those not/falsely related to it.

This definitely looks like a bug until one of you may confirm otherwise that
there is some method behind this madness. ;-)

If you can confirm the same, I shall try to dabble and try fixing it.

Regards,
Shresth
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Shresth K
Hi,
I was trying the purchase module and encountered something which I found
a bit buggy(or rather I think so).
PO - Purchase Order
PPL - Purchase Packing List
All works fine until I copy/paste a PPL that has been created as a result
of a confirmed PO. In this case the causality of the newly pasted PPL
instead of being reset to
causality/purchase_packing_list_module/newPPLid, it remains as
causality/purchase_order_module/confirmedPOid .
I see no problem in this behaviour. The user might want for example to use
copy/paste to create a new PPL which is considered as caused by the same PO
as the one which the existing PPL is caused by. I see a use case for this :
send some extra material to the customer which he did not order, in a
separate PPL and as a kind of gift, within the same trade context as the
PO.
Post by Shresth K
As a result when we look at the related objects for the PO, we get all
the PPLs, including those not/falsely related to it.
This definitely looks like a bug until one of you may confirm otherwise
that there is some method behind this madness. ;-)
If you can confirm the same, I shall try to dabble and try fixing it.
There is nothing to fix for me. If the user does not want the new PPL to be
caused by the existing PO, he can set the causality field to empty.

JPS.
Post by Shresth K
Regards,
Shresth