[Erp5-dev] problem with erp5-zope-2.8.9.1
bartek
2007-10-23 16:08:34 UTC
Hello

I upgraded rpm-s on Mandriva 2007.1, up to erp5-zope-2.8.9.1 and ran
into some strange problems:

- I can't use the server's manage_main tab, it throws "Error Value: name
'getDefaultSorting' is not defined" - both on new instances and on
existing ones (as a result, I can't create a new erp5 site...); at the
same time, manage tabs in an existing erp5 site work fine.

- on existing sites, I can't create objects - no matter what permissions
I have, I always get "you are not allowed to create content" (although I
am Manager, Owner, have "Add portal content" permission etc).

Anybody experienced anything of that sort? I tried downgrading, but
currently erp5-ERP5 requires erp5-zope-2.8.9.1...

The traceback is:

2007-10-23T18:04:07 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
http://localhost:9086/manage_main
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 114, in
publish
request, bind=1)
File "/usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py", line 88, in mapply
if debug is not None: return debug(object,args,context)
File "/usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py", line 40, in
call_object
result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published object.
File "/usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py", line
311, in __call__
return self._bindAndExec(args, kw, None)
File "/usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/Shared/DC/Scripts/Bindings.py", line
348, in _bindAndExec
return self._exec(bound_data, args, kw)
File "/usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/App/special_dtml.py", line 175, in _exec
try: result = render_blocks(self._v_blocks, ns)
File "/usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Let.py", line 76,
in render
return render_blocks(self.section, md)
File "/usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py", line
196, in eval
return eval(code, d)
File "<string>", line 0, in ?
NameError: name 'getDefaultSorting' is not defined

Bartek
--
"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"
Kazuhiko Shiozaki
2007-10-23 16:14:48 UTC
Hello Bartek,
Post by bartek
I upgraded rpm-s on Mandriva 2007.1, up to erp5-zope-2.8.9.1 and ran
- I can't use the server's manage_main tab, it throws "Error Value: name
'getDefaultSorting' is not defined" - both on new instances and on
existing ones (as a result, I can't create a new erp5 site...); at the
same time, manage tabs in an existing erp5 site work fine.
- on existing sites, I can't create objects - no matter what permissions
I have, I always get "you are not allowed to create content" (although I
am Manager, Owner, have "Add portal content" permission etc).
VerboseSecurity Product is now included in zope-2.8 itself. So if you
find Products/VerboseSecurity directory in your instance home or system
directory (eg. /usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/), please remove them.

Is it the reason?

Kazuhiko
bartek
2007-10-23 16:18:55 UTC
Post by Kazuhiko Shiozaki
Hello Bartek,
Post by bartek
I upgraded rpm-s on Mandriva 2007.1, up to erp5-zope-2.8.9.1 and ran
- I can't use the server's manage_main tab, it throws "Error Value: name
'getDefaultSorting' is not defined" - both on new instances and on
existing ones (as a result, I can't create a new erp5 site...); at the
same time, manage tabs in an existing erp5 site work fine.
- on existing sites, I can't create objects - no matter what permissions
I have, I always get "you are not allowed to create content" (although I
am Manager, Owner, have "Add portal content" permission etc).
VerboseSecurity Product is now included in zope-2.8 itself. So if you
find Products/VerboseSecurity directory in your instance home or system
directory (eg. /usr/lib/erp5/lib/python/), please remove them.
Is it the reason?
YES! YES! YES! Thank you.

Bartek
Kazuhiko
Jérome Perrin
2007-10-24 08:47:35 UTC
Post by bartek
Hello
I upgraded rpm-s on Mandriva 2007.1, up to erp5-zope-2.8.9.1 and ran
- I can't use the server's manage_main tab, it throws "Error Value: name
'getDefaultSorting' is not defined" - both on new instances and on
existing ones (as a result, I can't create a new erp5 site...); at the
same time, manage tabs in an existing erp5 site work fine.
I have same problem with getDefaultSorting on 2007.0, it's apparently
related to ExternalEditor, because without ExternalEditor product the
problem disappears.

Also this bug is not fixed in this release and is anoying:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/143896

I have seen this in the log:
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/Marshall/validation/atxml/atxml.rng'
but this is because I have zope-Archetypes-1.4.0.final-1mdv2007.0
installed, I guess I should have used PortalTransforms and
MimetypesRegistry from nexedi repository instead.

J?rome
Yoshinori Okuji
2007-10-24 10:50:31 UTC
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by bartek
Hello
I upgraded rpm-s on Mandriva 2007.1, up to erp5-zope-2.8.9.1 and ran
- I can't use the server's manage_main tab, it throws "Error Value: name
'getDefaultSorting' is not defined" - both on new instances and on
existing ones (as a result, I can't create a new erp5 site...); at the
same time, manage tabs in an existing erp5 site work fine.
I have same problem with getDefaultSorting on 2007.0, it's apparently
related to ExternalEditor, because without ExternalEditor product the
problem disappears.
But ExternalEditor is used with Zope 2.8 in our project, and we have no
problem? Can you check why it doesn't work for you a bit more precisely?

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi CTO
http://www.nexedi.com
http://www.erp5.org
Jérome Perrin
2007-10-24 11:13:57 UTC
Post by Yoshinori Okuji
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by bartek
Hello
I upgraded rpm-s on Mandriva 2007.1, up to erp5-zope-2.8.9.1 and ran
- I can't use the server's manage_main tab, it throws "Error Value: name
'getDefaultSorting' is not defined" - both on new instances and on
existing ones (as a result, I can't create a new erp5 site...); at the
same time, manage tabs in an existing erp5 site work fine.
I have same problem with getDefaultSorting on 2007.0, it's apparently
related to ExternalEditor, because without ExternalEditor product the
problem disappears.
But ExternalEditor is used with Zope 2.8 in our project, and we have no
problem? Can you check why it doesn't work for you a bit more precisely?
It's only for manage_main at the root of the site, which unlike other
folders have no order support (or doesnt have any folder with
has_order_support in their aquisition context).

It has been fixed uptstream
http://svn.zope.org/Products.ExternalEditor/trunk/manage_main.dtml?rev=69920&r1=67548&r2=69920
and newer RPMS for mandriva 2007.1 on contrib repository (
zope-ExternalEditor-0.9.3-1mdv2007.1.noarch.rpm )

Shall add a "Requires zope-ExternalEditor >= 0.9.3" in erp5-zope package
to fix it ?

J?rome