[Erp5-dev] Online Banking ERP5 Integration
Łukasz Nowak
2008-03-20 13:23:09 UTC

We are starting *right now* implementation of "Online Banking ERP5
Integration" as an ERP5 module.

Planned features:
* Payment Transaction grouping
* generation of various bank format exchange documents
* tagging of confirmed bank payments
* problem reporting
* and many other features

AFAIK there is no such functionality in ERP5 - but there might be some
preparations made for such project - are there any?

Of course we'd like to share such implementation with community, on
open-source license.

If members of ERP5 community are interested in contribution on any
level - planning, developing, testing, please let us know.

Regards,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 768 16 85 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.
Jean-Paul Smets
2008-03-20 13:26:22 UTC
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
We are starting *right now* implementation of "Online Banking ERP5
Integration" as an ERP5 module.
* Payment Transaction grouping
* generation of various bank format exchange documents
* tagging of confirmed bank payments
* problem reporting
* and many other features
AFAIK there is no such functionality in ERP5 - but there might be some
preparations made for such project - are there any?
There are in the sense of
- generation of future payment transactions (purchase / sales)
automatically from invoices with grouping feature (proof of concept
already implemented, mostly working)
- import payment lines from banking statement file and reconciliation

Once the basis are clean enough, it will be released (expected in 2
months from now).
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Of course we'd like to share such implementation with community, on
open-source license.
If members of ERP5 community are interested in contribution on any
level - planning, developing, testing, please let us know.
If you wish, we can provide you the proof of concept and work closely.

Regards,

JPS.
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Regards,
Luke
--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
ERP5 Enterprise: Free / Open Source ERP for Critical Applications
http://www.nexedi.com
Łukasz Nowak
2008-03-20 13:41:10 UTC

On 2008-03-20, 14:26:22
Jean-Paul Smets <jp at nexedi.com> wrote:

(...)
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Post by Łukasz Nowak
open-source license.
If members of ERP5 community are interested in contribution on any
level - planning, developing, testing, please let us know.
If you wish, we can provide you the proof of concept and work closely.
Yes - it would be great if such proof of concept would be publicised.

Regards,
Luke
Jérome Perrin
2008-03-31 14:24:51 UTC
Hello,
On 2008-03-20, 14:26:22
(...)
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Post by Łukasz Nowak
open-source license.
If members of ERP5 community are interested in contribution on any
level - planning, developing, testing, please let us know.
If you wish, we can provide you the proof of concept and work closely.
Yes - it would be great if such proof of concept would be publicised.
The proof of concept was simply to generate some simulation movements
that can later become some lines in payment transactions, generate some
confirmed Payment Transactions from invoices / orders the same way we
generate packing lists from orders.
PaymentRule generates some simulation movements using payment conditions
to calculate the date, payment mode, bank accounts; and using invoice
transaction (simulation) movements to calculate the price.
I commited this prototype in svn r20231.
IIRC the payment_transaction_builder from erp5_invoicing can generate
payment transactions if you invoke its build method manually, and it's
far from being usable in production, mostly because changing a payment
condition doesn't make any divergence.

J?rome
Łukasz Nowak
2008-04-02 09:07:47 UTC

On 2008-03-31, 16:24:51
Post by Jérome Perrin
The proof of concept was simply to generate some simulation movements
that can later become some lines in payment transactions, generate
some confirmed Payment Transactions from invoices / orders the same
way we generate packing lists from orders.
PaymentRule generates some simulation movements using payment
conditions to calculate the date, payment mode, bank accounts; and
using invoice transaction (simulation) movements to calculate the
price. I commited this prototype in svn r20231.
IIRC the payment_transaction_builder from erp5_invoicing can generate
payment transactions if you invoke its build method manually, and
it's far from being usable in production, mostly because changing a
payment condition doesn't make any divergence.
Great - that's what would be needed.

But I wasn't precise enough - we already have Payment Transaction
generated from Purchase Invoice Transaction. And by online banking
integration I meant grouping Payment Transaction into some kind of
"packing list", which will be sent to bank to send those payments to
proper accounts, with ability of some kind of tracking.

Anyway - I'll take a look at this rule, and try to use it to generate
payments - instead of now hand-made.

Regards,
Luke