[Erp5-dev] update bt to a certain revision
bartek
2007-05-09 13:46:43 UTC
Hello

I think it'be useful to be able to update a business template to an
arbitrarily selected revision - one can do it for a Product, but bt is
always updated to HEAD. Do you think it is worthwhile? (if anybody says
yes, I'll do it).

Bartek
--
"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"
Łukasz Nowak
2007-05-09 13:56:21 UTC
Post by bartek
Hello
I think it'be useful to be able to update a business template to an
arbitrarily selected revision - one can do it for a Product, but bt is
always updated to HEAD. Do you think it is worthwhile? (if anybody says
yes, I'll do it).
By 'arbitrarily selected revision' do you mean SVN revision or BT
'Revision Number'?

I think it could be great to associate it with any of ERP5 release
system and stick it (not to tight) with Products releases.

Bye,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 768 16 85 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
``Use the Source, Luke...''
bartek
2007-05-10 14:02:19 UTC
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
Post by bartek
Hello
I think it'be useful to be able to update a business template to an
arbitrarily selected revision - one can do it for a Product, but bt is
always updated to HEAD. Do you think it is worthwhile? (if anybody says
yes, I'll do it).
By 'arbitrarily selected revision' do you mean SVN revision or BT
'Revision Number'?
SVN, definitely. I'd like to be able to upgrade the system to a revision
which I've tested on another system, to be sure I know what I'm really
checking out.
Post by Łukasz Nowak
I think it could be great to associate it with any of ERP5 release
system
Yeah, once we have one ;)

B.
Jérôme Perrin
2007-05-11 14:30:46 UTC
Post by bartek
SVN, definitely. I'd like to be able to upgrade the system to a revision
which I've tested on another system, to be sure I know what I'm really
checking out.
You can just "svn up -r" in your bt5/ directory, then "Import Business
Template From URL" using a file:/// URL to this bt5 dir and install, isn't
it ?

J?rome
bartek
2007-05-11 21:55:29 UTC
Post by Jérôme Perrin
Post by bartek
SVN, definitely. I'd like to be able to upgrade the system to a revision
which I've tested on another system, to be sure I know what I'm really
checking out.
You can just "svn up -r" in your bt5/ directory, then "Import Business
Template From URL" using a file:/// URL to this bt5 dir and install, isn't
it ?
I know I can do this. But it makes three steps instead of one - if we
have an option to "update from svn", would be logical to have it there.
Besides, there are two options: "update" and "revert and update", I'm
not sure which one the "three steps" way is equivalent to.

Bartek
Post by Jérôme Perrin
J?rome