[Erp5-dev] problem with before r18480 site update!
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2008-02-06 18:48:20 UTC

At revision 18480 Base_updateListboxSelection script was introduced.
At revision 18525 it is used in Base_doDialog action.

When upgrading site from revision <18480 to revision >18525 it's
impossible to upgrade Business Templates since one gets AttributeError
trying do to anything in Import/Export dialog, since there's no
Base_updateListboxSelection yet.

I guess Base_doDialog would need to take that kind of situation under
consideration somehow. Or maybe not....

Well, anyway I found such a 'corner' case and dutyfully am reporting. :)

Mikolaj

P.S. Other approach would be to upgrade in two phases - past 18480 and
then past 18525. For new sites there is no problem with that of course.
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2008-02-06 18:59:14 UTC
Hello, again!

OK. The fastest workaround for this would be to create (eg. in custom
sking) an empty script Base_updateListboxSelection.

Then after successful update of erp5_core, the dummy script should be
removed and everything is working again, tadaaa!

Regards,
Mikolaj
Alexandre Boeglin
2008-02-07 13:03:16 UTC
Le mercredi 06 f?vrier 2008 ? 19:59 +0100, Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz a
Post by Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
OK. The fastest workaround for this would be to create (eg. in custom
sking) an empty script Base_updateListboxSelection.
Then after successful update of erp5_core, the dummy script should be
removed and everything is working again, tadaaa!
Hello,

It would be nice if you could add a note about this issue and your fix
in http://www.erp5.org/UpgradeNote .

Thanks,
Alex
Pelletier Vincent
2008-02-08 11:56:18 UTC
Post by Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
At revision 18480 Base_updateListboxSelection script was introduced.
At revision 18525 it is used in Base_doDialog action.
I just fixed erp5_xhtml_style (r19167) so that it does not prevent from
updating.
Vincent Pelletier
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2008-02-08 14:22:16 UTC
Post by Pelletier Vincent
Post by Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
At revision 18480 Base_updateListboxSelection script was introduced.
At revision 18525 it is used in Base_doDialog action.
I just fixed erp5_xhtml_style (r19167) so that it does not prevent from
updating.
Great!
But I'll leave the upgrade notes on Wiki just in case somebody has a
fancy to upgrade site to rev before 19167... :)

Mikolaj