[Erp5-dev] Oood without X?
Jacek Medrzycki
2007-06-22 15:15:17 UTC
Will Ooo Daemon run on machine without started X server?

I know, that it creates a virtual :99 display for Open Office, but how
much "virtual" this display is?

I found the following comment in /etc/init.d/oood for the LiveCD:
sleep 180 # Hack for Live CD: wait a bit to let dm service start
completely, else oood will fail to run
which suggest oood will not run without display manager (and so X)
started. Is that true?

Regards, Jacek
Jérôme Perrin
2007-06-27 18:02:28 UTC
Post by Jacek Medrzycki
Will Ooo Daemon run on machine without started X server?
I know, that it creates a virtual :99 display for Open Office, but how
much "virtual" this display is?
sleep 180 # Hack for Live CD: wait a bit to let dm service start
completely, else oood will fail to run
which suggest oood will not run without display manager (and so X)
started. Is that true?
I don't this so. I just tried to run oood in runlevel 3 and all tests passes.
What about changing the init script to start oood in level 3 instead of 5 ?

-# chkconfig: 5 29 71
+# chkconfig: 3 29 71

J?rome