[Erp5-dev] About categories
Rafael Monnerat
2006-02-15 19:50:26 UTC
Could anyone explain me how works the categories and how can I use? I
read the ' Rapid Application Development with ERP5' but I still don't
understand how I can use that.

I'm trying to create a reference from classe A to class B (for
example). What do I need to do?

Waiting for answers... : )

--
Rafael M. Monnerat
http://monnerat.objectis.net
Jean-Paul Smets
2006-02-16 08:51:13 UTC
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Could anyone explain me how works the categories and how can I use? I
read the ' Rapid Application Development with ERP5' but I still don't
understand how I can use that.
I'm trying to create a reference from classe A to class B (for
example). What do I need to do?
Just state in the portal_types that portal_type A is based category
"foocat". (supposing that foocat is an existing base category in
portal_categories)

You will then get an accessor created for you
getFoocatValue()
setFoocatValue()

You can set a relation between object a and object b by stating
a.setFoocatValue(b)

Then retrieve the relation by
a.getFoocatValue()

JPS.
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Waiting for answers... : )
--
Rafael M. Monnerat
http://monnerat.objectis.net
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software
http://www.nexedi.com
ERP5: Libre/ Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies
http://www.erp5.org
Rentalinux: Desktop Linux Server
http://www.rentalinux.com
Rafael Monnerat
2006-02-16 18:11:24 UTC
Thanks Jean, another question....

Do categories support multiple references? Example:

One class A has references to many (n or *) classes B. Is it possible?
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Could anyone explain me how works the categories and how can I use? I
read the ' Rapid Application Development with ERP5' but I still don't
understand how I can use that.
I'm trying to create a reference from classe A to class B (for
example). What do I need to do?
Just state in the portal_types that portal_type A is based category
"foocat". (supposing that foocat is an existing base category in
portal_categories)
You will then get an accessor created for you
getFoocatValue()
setFoocatValue()
You can set a relation between object a and object b by stating
a.setFoocatValue(b)
Then retrieve the relation by
a.getFoocatValue()
JPS.
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Waiting for answers... : )
http://monnerat.objectis.net
Sebastien Robin
2006-02-16 19:59:23 UTC
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Thanks Jean, another question....
One class A has references to many (n or *) classes B. Is it possible?
Yes, you have by the same time theses generators generated :

getFoocatValueList()
b.setFoocatValueList([b,c])

You can search for the keyword "accessor" on erp5.org, there is a document
describing rad (Rapid Application Developpment). It is a bit outdated but
very interesting, I may update it on wiki.erp5.org one day when I will
get some free time.

Seb.
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Could anyone explain me how works the categories and how can I
use? I read the ' Rapid Application Development with ERP5' but I
still don't understand how I can use that.
I'm trying to create a reference from classe A to class B (for
example). What do I need to do?
Just state in the portal_types that portal_type A is based category
"foocat". (supposing that foocat is an existing base category in
portal_categories)
You will then get an accessor created for you
getFoocatValue()
setFoocatValue()
You can set a relation between object a and object b by stating
a.setFoocatValue(b)
Then retrieve the relation by
a.getFoocatValue()
JPS.
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Waiting for answers... : )
--
Rafael M. Monnerat
http://monnerat.objectis.net
Rafael M. Monnerat
http://monnerat.objectis.net
Sebastien Robin, Nexedi Technical Director
http://www.nexedi.com
ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies
http://www.erp5.org