[Erp5-dev] problem in catalogging simulation movements
Bartek Gorny
2006-06-29 13:52:55 UTC
Hello

In current (or two days old, to be accurate) version, there is a
problem in indexing simulation movements - a movement created from a
sales order is able to record in a movement table price, quanity, uid
and explanation_uid, but does not record inventoriated_quantity,
source_uid and destination_uid (the respective lists created in dtml
method z_catalog_movement_list are like [None], while calling
respective getters on the simulation movement itself returns correct
values).

Some time ago the problem was only with inventoriated_quantity, but
source and destination were recorded; now there is no source nor
destination. Which is quite serious, since there is no way to generate
packing list and so on.

Bartek
--
"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"
Bartek Gorny
2006-07-06 19:10:59 UTC
Hello, hello, anybody there??? Can one of you ERP5 hackers have a look at this?

Bartek

Romain Courteaud
2006-07-07 09:54:21 UTC
Post by Bartek Gorny
Hello, hello, anybody there??? Can one of you ERP5 hackers have a look at this?
Hello Bartek,

I launched testOrder this morning on my laptop (with last RPM packages and
SVN), and everything seems to be OK for me.

Simulation Movement related from the Order are well created, and well indexed.
Packing List is also created, and all lines inside are well indexed.

It seems that the problem comes from your site configuration.

Can you confirm that calling getInventoriatedQuantity on the simulation
movement returns the correct value and that the quantity column in the
movement table is not indexed for this simulation movement ?

Same for getSourceUid and getDestinationUid ?

Is the resource_uid well indexed ?

Romain
Bartek Gorny
2006-07-07 11:08:50 UTC
Post by Romain Courteaud
Post by Bartek Gorny
Hello, hello, anybody there??? Can one of you ERP5 hackers have a look at this?
Hello Bartek,
I launched testOrder this morning on my laptop (with last RPM packages and
SVN), and everything seems to be OK for me.
Simulation Movement related from the Order are well created, and well indexed.
Packing List is also created, and all lines inside are well indexed.
It seems that the problem comes from your site configuration.
Possible, though unlikely.
Post by Romain Courteaud
Can you confirm that calling getInventoriatedQuantity on the simulation
movement returns the correct value and that the quantity column in the
movement table is not indexed for this simulation movement ?
Yes, I can confirm all this. And if I change z_catalog_movement_list
and replace getInventoriatedQuantity with getQuantity, the quantity is
indexed.
Post by Romain Courteaud
Same for getSourceUid and getDestinationUid ?
Exactly.
Post by Romain Courteaud
Is the resource_uid well indexed ?
No, there is the same problem - getResourceUid returns correct value,
but in MySQL table resource_uid is NULL. Explanation, start date, stop
date and price are ok.

Are there any test or tracings I could do to find the problem?

B.
Post by Romain Courteaud
Romain
Romain Courteaud
2006-07-07 11:44:35 UTC
Post by Bartek Gorny
No, there is the same problem - getResourceUid returns correct value,
but in MySQL table resource_uid is NULL. Explanation, start date, stop
date and price are ok.
Currently, I suspect some security configuration issue, as acquisition seems
OK, as you can call getResourceUid directly on your movement.

Did you configured security on your site ?
Can you try to reindex manually your object (recursiveImmediateReindexObject)
with a manager and see what happens ?
Post by Bartek Gorny
Are there any test or tracings I could do to find the problem?
You can write a external method like this:

def test(self):
import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
self.immediateReindexObject()

And call it directly on your simulation movement, and trace the execution.

Good luck
Romain
Bartek Gorny
2006-07-07 12:26:42 UTC
Post by Romain Courteaud
Post by Bartek Gorny
No, there is the same problem - getResourceUid returns correct value,
but in MySQL table resource_uid is NULL. Explanation, start date, stop
date and price are ok.
Currently, I suspect some security configuration issue, as acquisition seems
And you are bloody right :) The problem was that the user "zope" did
not exist in acl_users. It is somewhat strange, though, that part of
the indexing process worked fine without it, and part did not work,
and that there was no messages in the logs. Anyway, the problem is
solved.

We should write it somewhere in the wiki, in very big letters...

Bartek