[Erp5-dev] immediateReindexObject vs. reindexObject
Jacek Medrzycki
2007-03-09 13:29:21 UTC
Hi

Correct me if I'm wrong - the immediateReindex and reindex differs so
that the first is - as name states - fired immediately, while the later
is fired throught activities. Is it correct?

Using immediate reindex is considered to be coding crime. However, if my
previous statement is correct, we can use immediateReindex in scripts
that are to be called only throught activities, can't we? And if we use
reindex (not immediate) in such script, than the activities would be
fired twice - first time to call script, second time to call reindex. So
- is it better to use immediate reindex in scripts called throuht
activities?

Jacek
Romain Courteaud
2007-03-09 13:42:24 UTC
Post by Jacek Medrzycki
Hi
Hello,
Post by Jacek Medrzycki
Correct me if I'm wrong - the immediateReindex and reindex differs so
that the first is - as name states - fired immediately, while the later
is fired throught activities. Is it correct?
Yes, you're right.
But it's forbidden to use the immediateReindexObject method.
Post by Jacek Medrzycki
Using immediate reindex is considered to be coding crime. However, if my
previous statement is correct, we can use immediateReindex in scripts
that are to be called only throught activities, can't we? And if we use
reindex (not immediate) in such script, than the activities would be
fired twice - first time to call script, second time to call reindex. So
- is it better to use immediate reindex in scripts called throuht
activities?
The rule is: "Never use immediateReindexObject or
recursiveImmediateReindexObject", which includes ALL scripts, even the
one called throught activities.

Regards,
Romain