[Erp5-dev] questions regarding tag 5.4.3
Bartek Gorny
2009-12-12 11:39:02 UTC
Hi

I just noticed there is a new tag, which is great news for everybody.
I have two questions related to that tag:

1. When you create a tag, could you please send an announcement to the
ML? New release is an important event for user/developer community, it
is a good practice to put a brief announcement.

2. What is actually a meaning of this tag? I always thought ERP5
develoment is test-driven, so you generally tag revisions with good
results of test. But when I look at erp5-report archive, I see that
the last test run befor the tag was for revision 30980 and it gave 20
errors and 31 failures, which is hardly a good result. Or am I
misunderstanding something?

Or, maybe the tag means you completed some set of changes and are
about to start another one? If so, would you be so kind as to provide
a brief info what they are?

Thanks
Bartek
--
"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"
Jean-Paul Smets
2009-12-14 17:29:51 UTC
Post by Bartek Gorny
Hi
Thanks for your email.
Post by Bartek Gorny
I just noticed there is a new tag, which is great news for everybody.
1. When you create a tag, could you please send an announcement to the
ML? New release is an important event for user/developer community, it
is a good practice to put a brief announcement.
The release is not yet ready and thus can not be announced. The release
information page must still be completed.
Post by Bartek Gorny
2. What is actually a meaning of this tag? I always thought ERP5
develoment is test-driven, so you generally tag revisions with good
results of test. But when I look at erp5-report archive, I see that
the last test run befor the tag was for revision 30980 and it gave 20
errors and 31 failures, which is hardly a good result. Or am I
misunderstanding something?
Please wait for the release information page to be completed and published.

BTW, the process of release preparation was publicly announced some
weeks ago and I do not remember that anyone has proposed any help to fix
tests.
Post by Bartek Gorny
Or, maybe the tag means you completed some set of changes and are
about to start another one? If so, would you be so kind as to provide
a brief info what they are?
Please wait for the release information page to be completed and published.

Regards,

JPS.
Post by Bartek Gorny
Thanks
Bartek
--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 29 02 44 25
ERP5 Enterprise: Open Source ERP/CRM for Mission Critical Applications