[Erp5-dev] which directory to use for a new product
y.pauthier
2005-04-08 05:43:08 UTC
hi

I just want to create a simple product but my problem is about the directory to
use in order to put my __init__.py file and 'Document' file or 'PropertySheet'
file

which directory shoud I use if i work with 'ERP5 Live CD version 1.0rc2' distrib
?

3 options
---------

these one :

/var/lib/zope/Document and /var/lib/zope/PropertySheet

or these one

/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ERP5Type/Document and
/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ERP5Type/PropertySheet

or should I create a new directory for a new product ? (where ?)

merci d'avance

Yannick Pauthier
Yoshinori Okuji
2005-04-08 05:56:53 UTC
Post by y.pauthier
I just want to create a simple product but my problem is about the
directory to use in order to put my __init__.py file and 'Document' file or
'PropertySheet' file
which directory shoud I use if i work with 'ERP5 Live CD version 1.0rc2'
distrib ?
When you develop your own code, using the instance home (/var/lib/zope) is a
good way. Usually, it is not a good idea to modify the software home unless
there is no other way, because the software home is supposed to be shared by
multiple zope instances.

(Isn't this described in Zope Developers Guide?)

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
http://www.nexedi.com
http://www.storever.com
Jean-Paul Smets
2005-04-08 06:35:07 UTC
Post by Yoshinori Okuji
Post by y.pauthier
I just want to create a simple product but my problem is about the
directory to use in order to put my __init__.py file and 'Document'
file or 'PropertySheet' file
which directory shoud I use if i work with 'ERP5 Live CD version
1.0rc2' distrib ?
When you develop your own code, using the instance home (/var/lib/zope)
is a good way. Usually, it is not a good idea to modify the software home
unless there is no other way, because the software home is supposed to be
shared by multiple zope instances.
(Isn't this described in Zope Developers Guide?)
YO
If you want to develop a simple "application " (not a zope product), create
the following directories (or make sure they exist)

/var/lib/zope/Document
/var/lib/zope/PropertySheet

then put your files inside. This is described in the tutorial You can later
distribute your application as a business template.

If you want to create a new Product completeley, have a look at

http://cvs.erp5.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Coramy/

It is much more complex to distribute than business templates.

JPS.
--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software