[Erp5-dev] why I can't remove bank account
Tomasz Brzezina
2008-03-31 13:10:03 UTC
I'm trying to remove bank accounts using
/erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListMode?proxy_form_id=Person_viewFinancialInformationList&proxy_field_id=listbox&reset=1

but I receive
/erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListModeRenderer?portal_status_message=Sorry+You+Can+Not+Delete+2+Items.
--
Tomasz Brzezina
I'm trying to remove bank accounts using
/erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListMode?proxy_form_id=Person_viewFinancialInformationList&proxy_field_id=listbox&reset=1
but I receive
/erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListModeRenderer?portal_status_message=Sorry+You+Can+Not+Delete+2+Items.
Take a look at a script "Folder_deleteObjects" - this is the one that
generates this message. You will see that there are two possible reasons
for such a message.

Bartek
Tomasz Brzezina
2008-03-31 21:53:55 UTC
Post by bartek
Post by Tomasz Brzezina
I'm trying to remove bank accounts using
/erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListMode?proxy_form_id=Person_viewFinancialInformationList&proxy_field_id=listbox&reset=1
but I receive
/erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListModeRenderer?portal_status_message=Sorry+You+Can+Not+Delete+2+Items.
Take a look at a script "Folder_deleteObjects" - this is the one that
generates this message. You will see that there are two possible reasons
for such a message.
Do you mean Folder_delete in erp5_core?

I can see only one reason:

if this:
context.getPortalObject().portal_workflow.doActionFor(
object,
'delete_action')

raises other error than Conflict_Error than Not Deleted counter is
incremented

But it's too magic for me for now what error and why is generated during
removing Bank Account
--
T.
I'm trying to remove bank accounts using
/erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListMode?proxy_form_id=Person_viewFinancialInformationList&proxy_field_id=listbox&reset=1
but I receive
/erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListModeRenderer?portal_status_message=Sorry+You+Can+Not+Delete+2+Items.
Take a look at a script "Folder_deleteObjects" - this is the one that
generates this message. You will see that there are two possible
reasons for such a message.
Do you mean Folder_delete in erp5_core?
You are right - in the other case the message is different.
Post by Tomasz Brzezina
context.getPortalObject().portal_workflow.doActionFor(
object,
'delete_action')
raises other error than Conflict_Error than Not Deleted counter is
incremented
But it's too magic for me for now what error and why is generated during
removing Bank Account
I don't know - most often the error is that the workflow doesn't provide
the "delete" action. If this is not the case, then something is wrong -
check the event.log, maybe something is there, if not then add a logging
instruction to the script (remember to remove it later).

BTW, you are right (though you haven't said it yet ;) ) that the system
should provide at least minimum information about the reason, not only a
polite but uninformative "sorry", so that a user knows at least what to
tell the sysadmin when he makes his complaint phone call. This is
actually a GUI design issue - how to provide some useful info without
cramming the whole traceback into the status message. Let's discuss.

Bartek