[Erp5-dev] source/destination conversion and transaction view in accounting module
Łukasz Nowak
2007-09-25 10:33:15 UTC

Let's say I've got some invoices:

SIT-1 in currency EUR, converted to PLN, confirmed, value 1000 PLN
SIT-2 in currency EUR, not converted to PLN, confirmed 800 EUR

I set up PLN currency in site preferences.

In accounting module view both invoices are showed (same applies to
Organisation - Transactions). But it is making wrong results - system
is adding 800 EUR to 1000 PLN and shows 1800 PLN.

I think I know, that this problem is associated with source/destination
asset on * Transaction Line - if it is set to 0.0 acquisition (I think)
do not happen anymore and proper values are showed (well - I think it
is better to show 0.0 in such case, than to sum values of different
currencies).

Is it a bug or feature? On which level it shall be fixed? On form? On
property in property sheet? Using init script for portal types?

Regards,
Luke

PS. I hope I'm understood - accounting is still quite experimental for
me :)
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 768 16 85 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
``Use the Source, Luke...''
Jérome Perrin
2007-09-28 15:09:09 UTC
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
SIT-1 in currency EUR, converted to PLN, confirmed, value 1000 PLN
SIT-2 in currency EUR, not converted to PLN, confirmed 800 EUR
I set up PLN currency in site preferences.
This has no other effect than setting the resource automatically on
transaction you create (using init script). Some "bad code" may remain
assuming that currency is the one from preference, but the accounting
currency is set on the organisation (with 'price_currency' category).
Post by Łukasz Nowak
In accounting module view both invoices are showed (same applies to
Organisation - Transactions). But it is making wrong results - system
is adding 800 EUR to 1000 PLN and shows 1800 PLN.
If you don't set the converted value ('asset price' in ERP5 technical
vocabulary), the system assumes that the converted value is equal to
the non converted value ('quantity'). Accounting reports in "local"
currency uses asset price.
So this default is fine for most of the cases where the asset price is
the quantity, because the resource on the transaction is the accounting
currency for the organisation.
But there are no constraint to force setting the asset price on a side
when resource is different from accounting currency on this side. It's
probably a bug.

J?rome
Łukasz Nowak
2007-10-02 09:01:38 UTC

On 2007-09-28, 17:09:09
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by Łukasz Nowak
SIT-1 in currency EUR, converted to PLN, confirmed, value 1000 PLN
SIT-2 in currency EUR, not converted to PLN, confirmed 800 EUR
I set up PLN currency in site preferences.
This has no other effect than setting the resource automatically on
transaction you create (using init script). Some "bad code" may
remain assuming that currency is the one from preference, but the
accounting currency is set on the organisation (with 'price_currency'
category).
Ok - good to know.
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by Łukasz Nowak
In accounting module view both invoices are showed (same applies to
Organisation - Transactions). But it is making wrong results -
system is adding 800 EUR to 1000 PLN and shows 1800 PLN.
If you don't set the converted value ('asset price' in ERP5 technical
vocabulary), the system assumes that the converted value is equal to
the non converted value ('quantity'). Accounting reports in "local"
currency uses asset price.
Understood.
Post by Jérome Perrin
So this default is fine for most of the cases where the asset price
is the quantity, because the resource on the transaction is the
accounting currency for the organisation.
But there are no constraint to force setting the asset price on a
side when resource is different from accounting currency on this
side. It's probably a bug.
Shall I provide unit test to confirm it is a bug? It's quite hard for
me, because I'm still not sure, what *shall* happens.

Regards,
Luke