[Erp5-dev] missing form in erp5_project
bartek
2007-02-28 13:07:44 UTC
Hello

There is a bug in erp5_project - the form Project_viewTask is not there,
but Project_viewTask/listbox is, so it raises an exception on installation.

Bartek
Romain Courteaud
2007-03-01 11:03:07 UTC
Hello Bartek,

I don't see any Project_viewTask in the erp5_project bt5.

You probably mean Project_viewTaskList ?
In this case, Project_viewTaskList.xml is included in the business
template.
Which revision number do you use ?

BTW, I'm using erp5_project, and I don't have any issue with the
installation.

Regards,
Romain
bartek
2007-03-01 11:13:25 UTC
Post by Romain Courteaud
Hello Bartek,
I don't see any Project_viewTask in the erp5_project bt5.
Neither do I, and this is the bug :)

Let me explain again:

Project_viewTask - NOT THERE
Project_viewTask/listbox - THIS IS THERE

Exception raised:
AttributeError: NoneType has no attribute "listbox"

Bartek
Romain Courteaud
2007-03-01 11:50:26 UTC
Really sorry, but I don't see any Project_viewTask/listbox in:
http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/bt5/erp5_project

Are you sure your working copy is OK ?

Romain
bartek
2007-03-01 12:38:44 UTC
Post by Romain Courteaud
http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/bt5/erp5_project
Are you sure your working copy is OK ?
Aha, I see - in my working copy there was a file:

erp5_project/Project_viewTask/listbox~

I don't know why it was there, maybe I had once a look at this file.

Anyway, maybe it'd be useful if business template installation mechanism
were smart enough to skip vim's temp and swap files, don't you think?

Bartek
Post by Romain Courteaud
Romain
Paul Nijssen
2007-03-01 12:41:34 UTC
Dear Bartek,

a few months ago I have asked a quistion about the winows installer. On the
website i can see that ERP5 also runs on windows, but where can i download
it ??

Thanks
Post by bartek
Post by Romain Courteaud
http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/bt5/erp5_project
Are you sure your working copy is OK ?
erp5_project/Project_viewTask/listbox~
I don't know why it was there, maybe I had once a look at this file.
Anyway, maybe it'd be useful if business template installation mechanism
were smart enough to skip vim's temp and swap files, don't you think?
Bartek
Post by Romain Courteaud
Romain
Post by Romain Courteaud
Post by bartek
Post by Romain Courteaud
Post by bartek
but Project_viewTask/listbox is, so it raises an exception on installation.
Bartek
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Paul Nijssen
06-53340360
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by bartek
Post by Romain Courteaud
http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/bt5/erp5_project
Are you sure your working copy is OK ?
erp5_project/Project_viewTask/listbox~
I don't know why it was there, maybe I had once a look at this file.
Anyway, maybe it'd be useful if business template installation mechanism
were smart enough to skip vim's temp and swap files, don't you think?
Not really.

First of all, such an activity as modifying files in Business Templates by an
editor is extremely rare, and if you do, you must know what you are doing
very well.

Next, there is a maintenance cost of such a "blacklist". We have already been
maintaining some skip files for CVS and Subversion, and this is really enough
for me. There is no end, if you start to add as many patterns as you can
imagine.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi CTO
http://www.nexedi.com
http://www.erp5.org
Pelletier Vincent
2007-03-01 13:22:16 UTC
Post by Yoshinori Okuji
Next, there is a maintenance cost of such a "blacklist".
I think we can whitelist for a cheap cost.
Files must end by ".xml" strictly, and I think it applies everywhere in a BT
except in /bt, but in this place the file names are known before reading the
BT at all.
Vincent Pelletier
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2007-03-01 15:26:45 UTC
On some of the dialog forms' the submit button works only once.
When for example report is generated from report dialog, or exception thrown,
the button can be pressed but the action doesn't fire anymore.

Is this the way it should be?

I noticed the diffrence in "onclick" argument of the submit tag between
working/non-working dialog forms. May it be the source of the strange
behaviour?

Miko?aj
Jérôme Perrin
2007-03-01 19:18:01 UTC
Post by Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
On some of the dialog forms' the submit button works only once.
When for example report is generated from report dialog, or exception
thrown, the button can be pressed but the action doesn't fire anymore.
This is a "feature" :)

When I did this, my goal was to prevent the user from accidentally clicking
twice on the button, which triggers the action twice. This is a big problem
for some action dialog, eg. workflow transitions that "remain in state": the
transition will be passed twice, and if your transition modify a workflow
variable or execute a script, this will be done twice.

I know this is annoying for developers, for instance when an exception is
raised in the action, you're not the first one to complain. But for end
users, it's not a problem (unless they use the "Previous" button from their
browser).

So this was the original intention, but this implementation is definitivly a
hack and anyway doesn't work with non javascript-enabled browsers. If it's
too annoying, I'm ok to revert untill we have a clean solution, and keep this
change locally on projects which requires it.

J?rome
Jacek Medrzycki
2007-03-03 08:27:31 UTC
Post by Jérôme Perrin
This is a "feature" :)
<cut>
This sounds reasonable.
Post by Jérôme Perrin
So this was the original intention, but this implementation is definitivly a
hack and anyway doesn't work with non javascript-enabled browsers.
I'm not sure if it can easily be done in ERP5, but years ago I solved
similar problem in Tomcat-powered application by adding a unique token
(generated from the system time) to each request that should be
prevented from double execution. Last token was remembered on the
server, and when a request with the same token came, server discarded
such a request. It works regardless ot the browser settings.
Post by Jérôme Perrin
If it's
too annoying, I'm ok to revert untill we have a clean solution, and keep this
change locally on projects which requires it.
I think it shouldn't be reverted, as preventing user from double
execution of the request is very important. However, sometimes it makes
no sense, for instance in raport dialog, where user could have a chance
to re-launch the report with different settings (this was the case that
made Mikolaj post his question).
The nicest thing would be the ability to enable or disable such
functionality per dialog.

Jacek
Jérôme Perrin
2007-03-03 13:56:08 UTC
Post by Jacek Medrzycki
I'm not sure if it can easily be done in ERP5, but years ago I solved
similar problem in Tomcat-powered application by adding a unique token
(generated from the system time) to each request that should be
prevented from double execution. Last token was remembered on the
server, and when a request with the same token came, server discarded
such a request. It works regardless ot the browser settings.
Yes, this is a good way, but with ZEO it's more complicated, because the
request for dialog initiated by a node can be later sent to another node (a
good load balancer usually prevent this, but it can happen), so this
information have to be distributed. In our case, this is overkill, because
processing the request twice usually has no effect.
Post by Jacek Medrzycki
Post by Jérôme Perrin
If it's
too annoying, I'm ok to revert untill we have a clean solution, and keep
this change locally on projects which requires it.
I think it shouldn't be reverted, as preventing user from double
execution of the request is very important. However, sometimes it makes
no sense, for instance in raport dialog, where user could have a chance
to re-launch the report with different settings (this was the case that
made Mikolaj post his question).
I agree, and already made a quick workaround for this (r11776)
Post by Jacek Medrzycki
The nicest thing would be the ability to enable or disable such
functionality per dialog.
This was my conclusion too.

J?rome