[Erp5-dev] ERP5 Buildout - Error when installing Zope2
Muhamad Reza
2009-10-07 01:35:08 UTC

I want to upgrade my ERP5 buildout ver. 0.6 hardy to 0.8 hardy.
Though this tutorial https://www.raskon.org/trac/erp5/wiki/Erp5Ubuntu

Then, I get some error messages regarding the Zope2.

Installing zope2.
While:
Installing zope2.

An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/tmpcMMNlU/zc.buildout-1.4.1-py2.4.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 1659, in main
File "/tmp/tmpcMMNlU/zc.buildout-1.4.1-py2.4.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 532, in install
File "/tmp/tmpcMMNlU/zc.buildout-1.4.1-py2.4.egg/zc/buildout/buildout.py",
line 1203, in _call
File
"/home/erp5/erp5-buildout/src/plone.recipe.zope2install/src/plone/recipe/zope2install/__init__.py",
line 238, in install
raise ValueError('Broken Zope tarball named %s' % fname)
ValueError: Broken Zope tarball named
/home/erp5/erp5-buildout/downloads/Zope-2.8.11-final.tgz

How to fix it ? Thank you in advanced.

Best Regards,

Reza
--
exodream - beyond a dream
Everyone has rights to get what they expect.

----Free Software is better than Open Source----
Why ? See www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

Join Free Software Foundation at
https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/join_fsf?
Take all of advantages by Joining FSF. Join Now !!

i n f i n i t y . s o l u t i o n (www.infi-nity.com) - pt. vikasa infinity
anugrah
bsd city sektor 14 - ruko golden madrid g/9 - tangerang 15321 - indonesia
t: +62 (21) 5316 4796 f: +62 (21) 5316 4797 m:+62 816 956207
Contact me at + 62 878 3229 5036
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Dear Reza,

First of all, I recommend you to use the buildout of ERP5 official
repository
https://svn.erp5.org/repos/public/experimental/erp5.buildout/

It is not perfect yet but has been successfuly tested on Debian, Ubuntu
and Mandriva. It is maintained by at least 10 people who regularly use
it for their own work. It is used in at least 2 large ERP5 sites, one of
which is a large CRM and has 300 concurrent users in 24/7. There is a
Howto here:
http://www.erp5.org/HowToUseBuildout

Feel free to contribute.

About documentation to learn ERP5, please start with this:
https://www.myerp5.com/kb/developer-How.To.Become.ERP5.Developer
Then do the "Forum" tutorial:
https://www.myerp5.com/kb/developer-Forum.Tutorial/view

It takes between 3 days (world record) to 2 weeks to complete all steps
(python, Zope, tutorial).

It is also useful to learn how to use ERP5 by reading the documentation
provided by TioLive
http://www.tiolive.com/documentation

There are 17 very easy tutorials which cover CRM, accounting, trade,
etc. They take 4 hours to 2 days to complete. I recommend you to
request a TioLive account to start practicing online before doing the
same on your local host. This will save you much time. You can the get
the Data.fs of TioLive to run it on your local host.

Regards,

JPS.
Hi,
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html>
<http://www.infi-nity.com>) - pt. vikasa infinity anugrah
bsd city sektor 14 - ruko golden madrid g/9 - tangerang 15321 - indonesia
t: +62 (21) 5316 4796 f: +62 (21) 5316 4797 m:+62 816 956207
Contact me at + 62 878 3229 5036
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 29 02 44 25
ERP5 Enterprise: Free / Open Source ERP for Critical Applications
http://www.erp5.com
ERP5 Express: Hosted Open Source ERP for small companies
http://www.myerp5.com
http://www.nexedi.com
Muhamad Reza
2009-10-07 06:47:26 UTC
Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply. but, is it safe If I've two version of ERP5 Buildout
on my computer ?

Regards,

Reza
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
[...]
Hi,

Post by Muhamad Reza
Hello Paul,
Thanks for your reply. but, is it safe If I've two version of ERP5 Buildout
on my computer ?
No problem. buildout exists for the very reason that you can have many local
installations gracefully. :)

Regards,
YO
Post by Muhamad Reza
Regards,
Reza
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
[...]
Hi,
Post by Muhamad Reza
[...]
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi KK President
http://www.nexedi.co.jp/
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP
http://www.erp5.com/
ERP5 Wiki: Developer Zone for ERP5 Community
http://www.erp5.org/
Boris Kocherov
2009-10-07 11:15:13 UTC
Post by Yoshinori Okuji
Post by Muhamad Reza
Hello Paul,
Thanks for your reply. but, is it safe If I've two version of ERP5 Buildout
on my computer ?
No problem. buildout exists for the very reason that you can have many local
installations gracefully. :)
Agree. In this case should be checked
1. The different http ports should be used for each buildout.
2. The different mysql databases should be used for each erp5
instance.

Boris Kocherov
2009-10-07 09:33:25 UTC
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Dear Reza,
First of all, I recommend you to use the buildout of ERP5 official
repository
https://svn.erp5.org/repos/public/experimental/erp5.buildout/
Everybody has freedom in choosing which erp5 installation procedure will
be used as soon as erp5 is a GNU project. Below there are the some
differences between official (Nexedi) and Raskon installation decisions
for Debian/Ubuntu distributions.

1. On erp5.org there is a buildout, not a package so all dependencies
should be installed by hand. On raskon.org there is a package for
Debian/Ubuntu so all dependencies are installed automatic.

2. If official buildout is used then folders: Extensions, Property
Sheets, Documents, Constraints can be removed after some changes in
buildout.cfg. See the letter
http://mail.nexedi.com/pipermail/erp5-dev/2009-September/002275.html

3. User level isolation. If Raskon package is used erp5 runs from user
erp5, not from root or existing local user. This is a secure approach
for server application.

4. In Raskon package there is a initialization script which is used for
correct erp5 stop. The script stops mysql fist then wait while zope
completes its processes.
Nicolas Dumazet
2009-10-07 09:38:08 UTC
Post by Boris Kocherov
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Dear Reza,
First of all, I recommend you to use the buildout of ERP5 official
repository
https://svn.erp5.org/repos/public/experimental/erp5.buildout/
Everybody has freedom in choosing which erp5 installation procedure will
be used as soon as erp5 is a GNU project. Below there are the some
differences between official (Nexedi) and Raskon installation decisions
for Debian/Ubuntu distributions.
1. On erp5.org there is a buildout, not a package so all dependencies
should be installed by hand. On raskon.org there is a package for
Debian/Ubuntu so all dependencies are installed automatic.
Valid enough, but I believe that it might install unnecessary dependencies.
I was a bit surprised, for example, to have a mercurial client installed
for an ERP5 installation?!
--
Nicolas Dumazet
Nexedi
http://www.nexedi.com/
Boris Kocherov
2009-10-07 10:44:37 UTC
Post by Nicolas Dumazet
Post by Boris Kocherov
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Dear Reza,
First of all, I recommend you to use the buildout of ERP5 official
repository
https://svn.erp5.org/repos/public/experimental/erp5.buildout/
Everybody has freedom in choosing which erp5 installation procedure will
be used as soon as erp5 is a GNU project. Below there are the some
differences between official (Nexedi) and Raskon installation decisions
for Debian/Ubuntu distributions.
1. On erp5.org there is a buildout, not a package so all dependencies
should be installed by hand. On raskon.org there is a package for
Debian/Ubuntu so all dependencies are installed automatic.
Valid enough, but I believe that it might install unnecessary dependencies.
I was a bit surprised, for example, to have a mercurial client installed
for an ERP5 installation?!
Mercurial is the necessary dependence. In package it used for erp5-buildout
downloading from https://www.raskon.org/hg/debs/erp5-buildout . It allows to
use new version of erp5-buildout without changing the package.
Vincent Pelletier
2009-10-07 09:43:46 UTC
The script stops mysql fist then wait while zope completes its processes.
Could you explain why this would be correct ?
It goes diametrically against my conclusions on that topic, so I'm curious.
Vincent Pelletier
Muhamad Reza
2009-10-07 09:46:39 UTC
I've follow my ERP5-Buildout installation though
https://www.raskon.org/trac/erp5/wiki/Erp5Ubuntu
and it works fine for me. Every time I got problem. It always solved. Now, I
have the problem again.

I believe it can be solved again.

Post by Vincent Pelletier
The script stops mysql fist then wait while zope completes its processes.
Could you explain why this would be correct ?
It goes diametrically against my conclusions on that topic, so I'm curious.
sorry in the last sentence i mean The script waits while zope completes
its processes and then stops mysql.
you can check it in source code.
--
Crisis had come unexpectedly, just as winter comes unexpectedly to
Russia every year.