[Erp5-dev] Dont know how to create ALLOW_CLASS_TOOL in a read only directory (zope owner)
y.pauthier
2005-04-07 05:45:00 UTC
hi

I dont know how to create ALLOW_CLASS_TOOL in the ERP5Type directory because it
is in a read only mode and the owner is zope (and i am root)

thanks

Yannick Pauthier
Jean-Paul Smets
2005-04-07 06:09:52 UTC
Post by y.pauthier
hi
I dont know how to create ALLOW_CLASS_TOOL in the ERP5Type directory
because it is in a read only mode and the owner is zope (and i am root)
thanks
First of all, I have posted the tutorial for everyone. I am really sorry
this is in French. This is also why I was reluctant to post it on erp5.org.
If someone wants to translate it in English, it would be quite useful for
everyone.

http://www.erp5.org/sections/documentation/articles/erp5_developer_tutor3600/view
http://www.erp5.org/sections/documentation/articles/erp5_developer_tutor/view
http://www.erp5.org/sections/documentation/articles/view

I know the tutorial has a few inconsistencies (not too many though, I proof
read it 3 times already).

Regarding ALLOW_CLASS_TOOL, the trick is probably to copy the ERP5Type
product in /var/lib/zope/Products then add the file by typing
touch /var/lib/zope/Products/ERP5Type/ALLOW_CLASS_TOOL

So, under root, that would be
cp -a /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ERP5Type /var/lib/zope/Products/
touch /var/lib/zope/Products/ERP5Type/ALLOW_CLASS_TOOL

Then restart zope.

Why such as complex way ? Because the class_tool is at the same time great
and can be dangerous from security point of view. We wanted to implement a
"default is secure" (like in GNU/Linux? way for the LiveCD rather than a
"default is easy" (like in Windows).

Probably, we should add some scripts to make things easier in the LiveCD.

JPS.
--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software