[Erp5-dev] erp5 and cmf 1.5.x
Rafael Monnerat
2005-11-21 22:23:57 UTC
Hi everybody,

I wanna know somes informations about migration the ERP5 to CMF 1.5.x. (If
exists)

I plan (if the migration are finished or near that) try to integrate ERP5
with plone2 using both in same ZOPE.
Today, I have some problems with compatibility to use both in same ZOPE.

Rogerio and I talk about this, and we ( all NPSSD) wanna use this tecnology
on next project
if the migration are stable or near that.
someone can give any information?

[ ]'s

--
Rafael M. Monnerat
http://monnerat.objectis.net
Post by Rafael Monnerat
I wanna know somes informations about migration the ERP5 to CMF 1.5.x. (If
exists)
I have used CMF-1.5.4 with ERP5 for some weeks, and I have fixed all problems
I found. But this is only on Zope-2.8, so I don't know the stability on
Zope-2.7.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
http://www.nexedi.com
http://www.storever.com
Yoshinori Okuji
2005-11-23 12:28:25 UTC
Hi yoshinori,
I don't know where was "_setTemplateSkinId" method, I install the ERP on
CMF-1.5.4 and Zope-2.8, but I don't have sucess to add ERP5site in ZMI. The
event.log don't show any error.
*Error Type: AttributeError*
*Error Value: _setTemplateSkinId*
------------------------------
I don't Find these melhod, and I don't find where they are calling.
Could you help or know where I found these in code?
Thanks for you help....
Are you sure that you use Nexedi's Zope? As you may know, ERP5 does not work
with a vanilla Zope. We have an experimental RPM package for Zope 2.8 in
http://nexedi.org/static/Mandrake/10.2-devel .

YO
http://www.storever.com
Rafael Monnerat
2005-11-23 15:26:47 UTC
Thanks Yoshinori, I didn't know there was these RPMs on Nexedi..

The install are finished now and run well....

The problem was I try use zope-2.8 from zope.org...
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Hi everybody,
I wanna know somes informations about migration the ERP5 to CMF 1.5.x.
(If exists)
I plan (if the migration are finished or near that) try to integrate
ERP5 with plone2 using both in same ZOPE.
Don't use Plone.

Use CPS instead ;)

1. It's better.

2. We have already worked in the past in integrating CPS and ERP5, and
we'd like you to help ;)

Cheers,

S.
--
St?fane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!
Rafael Monnerat
2005-11-24 14:35:12 UTC

I try install the ERP5 and CPS and ERP5CPS but I didn't have any sucess. I
didn't find any guide, howto, or something about this.

Rogerio asked for to me to search on the tools that can be used. we ( on
NPSSD) want to use the ERP5, but we study many possibilities.

The solution with ERP5 needs to have a CMS and support a FileSystem files
storage. ( Catalog this files, and catalog PDF, DOC, SXW on ZODB and
FileSystem).

The CPS are in my Search plans with ERP5.
Post by Stefane Fermigier
Post by Rafael Monnerat
[...]
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Hi,
I try install the ERP5 and CPS and ERP5CPS but I didn't have any sucess.
I didn't find any guide, howto, or something about this.
ERP5CPS is old stuff.

Maybe Lennart (Nuxeo developer, working on an ERP5 project currently)
has some more recent information.
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Rogerio asked for to me to search on the tools that can be used. we ( on
NPSSD) want to use the ERP5, but we study many possibilities.
The solution with ERP5 needs to have a CMS and support a FileSystem
files storage. ( Catalog this files, and catalog PDF, DOC, SXW on ZODB
and FileSystem).
CPS has all of this.
Post by Rafael Monnerat
The CPS are in my Search plans with ERP5.
Great!

S.
Stefane Fermigier
2005-11-25 13:42:59 UTC
Post by Stefane Fermigier
Maybe Lennart (Nuxeo developer, working on an ERP5 project currently)
has some more recent information.
Since ERP5 uses old verisons of Zope and CMF, you need to use a version
of CPS that can run on the corresponding Zope/CMF versions. The latest
3.3 versions will not work.
Well, the CPS 3.2 series (3.2.4) is still quite good enough for many needs.

S.
Rafael Monnerat
2005-11-25 14:45:54 UTC
I'm using Zope-2.8 and CMf 1.5.4 from Nexedi and I fix some
incompatibilities. I will install the CPS for test, but The formulator (
And ERP5FROM) return an error that I don't Know why.

With normal zope-2.8, the formulator works ok, but with Nexedi Zope
2.8there is one problem. When I acess anyone Field setting, they
return that:

Time 2005/11/25 12:52:54.133 GMT+0 User Name (User Id) monnerat
(monnerat) Request
URL
http://localhost:9080/erp5/portal_skins/erp5_core/BankAccount_view/listbox/manage_main
Exception
Type KeyError Exception Value 'editable'

Traceback (innermost last):

- Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 113, in publish
- Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
- Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
- Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
- Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
- Module App.special_dtml, line 175, in _exec
- Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 703, in renderwob
- Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
- Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
- Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 703, in renderwob
- Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
- Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 196, in eval
__traceback_info__: value
- Module <string>, line 0, in ?
- Module Products.ERP5Form.FormulatorPatch, line 55, in Field_render
- Module Products.ERP5Form.FormulatorPatch, line 85, in
Field_render_helper
- Module Products.ERP5Form.Form, line 53, in get_value
- Module Products.ERP5Form.Form, line 108, in get_value
- Module Products.Formulator.Field, line 94, in get_orig_value
- Module Products.Formulator.Form, line 569, in get_field

KeyError: 'editable'

Someone of ERP5 can help me?
Post by Stefane Fermigier
Post by Stefane Fermigier
Maybe Lennart (Nuxeo developer, working on an ERP5 project currently)
has some more recent information.
Since ERP5 uses old verisons of Zope and CMF, you need to use a version
of CPS that can run on the corresponding Zope/CMF versions. The latest
3.3 versions will not work.
Well, the CPS 3.2 series (3.2.4) is still quite good enough for many needs.
S.
--
St?fane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!
--
Rafael M. Monnerat
http://monnerat.objectis.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Hi,
I try install the ERP5 and CPS and ERP5CPS but I didn't have any sucess.
I didn't find any guide, howto, or something about this.
Rogerio asked for to me to search on the tools that can be used. we ( on
NPSSD) want to use the ERP5, but we study many possibilities.
The solution with ERP5 needs to have a CMS and support a FileSystem files
storage. ( Catalog this files, and catalog PDF, DOC, SXW on ZODB and
FileSystem).
If you only need to store files in ERP5 (images, docs, etc.), there is no
need for a CMS. ERP5 supports FileSystem file storage natively as well as
in the ZODB. We have used it to manage 10 GB of image data in apparel, with
complete versioning (undo) and webdav access support. It was fine.

We did the same recently to generate OpenOffice documents out of ERP5 with
embedded images and tables.

What is your idea behind combining a CMS and an ERP ? (I am asking you this
question because I thought a lot about it and I am interested in your
opinion).

JPS.
Post by Stefane Fermigier
Post by Rafael Monnerat
[...]
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software
http://www.nexedi.com
ERP5: Libre/ Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies
http://www.erp5.org
Rentalinux: Desktop Linux Server
http://www.rentalinux.com
Rafael Monnerat
2005-11-25 16:15:06 UTC
Hi Jean-Paul,
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Hi,
Post by Rafael Monnerat
storage. ( Catalog this files, and catalog PDF, DOC, SXW on ZODB and
FileSystem).
If you only need to store files in ERP5 (images, docs, etc.), there is no
need for a CMS. ERP5 supports FileSystem file storage natively as well as
in the ZODB.
I don't find any it's anyware, how I do? Do ERP5 Just store or catalog too?

Post by Jean-Paul Smets
complete versioning (undo) and webdav access support. It was fine.
We did the same recently to generate OpenOffice documents out of ERP5 with
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
embedded images and tables.
It's very interesting to us.

Post by Jean-Paul Smets
question because I thought a lot about it and I am interested in your
opinion).
It's a Rog?rio's Project ( From Cefet Campos). The project is a GRP to an
city hall. Rog?rio ask me to search some solutions to do this. And I
started with ERP5, because we were planning an SCM implametation ( from
rog?rio's Thesis).
I don't know all about this project ( not start yet), but I'm testing and
discuss with rog?rio the results.

Rog?rio maybe discribe better than I ...

We really wanna use the ERP5, but I think the ERP5 needs an CMS without use
CPS, Plone or other stuff.
I'm not having much time in this and next week to test all stuff, but I will
do It.

JPS.