[Erp5-dev] Why not catalog 'instalation state' and 'building state' of BTs?
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2008-01-29 16:49:32 UTC

The main reason is for the 'instalation state' and 'building state'
columns to be searchable.

Catalogging of both would be a life saver for a manager and developer of
sites containing many BT that change often (in development phase for
example).

And I guess both state variables could and probably would be used on
some other Portal Types since they are very ... generic.

Mikolaj
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2008-02-28 10:12:45 UTC
Ok. I understand that adding extra two fields to catalog might not be
very efficient since only Business Templates use them.
Maybe another approach would be to use existing state variables, like
validation state instead of installation state
and simulation state instead of building state for example.

Maybe substituting validation for installation is a bit stretching the
meaning (although installed BT are in a way validated), but maybe just
enough to ease life of a developer... :D

Mikolaj
Hello,
Mikolaj
Jean-Paul Smets
2008-03-01 17:15:45 UTC

I recommend you to try to use or extend Folder.searchFolder API / search
columns in listbox to get the search / sort feature you are looking for.

It should be fairly easy.

The other solutions (changing state name, adding column to catalog) were
all already discussed and rejected some while ago.

Regards,

JPS.
[...]
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
ERP5 Enterprise: Free / Open Source ERP for Critical Applications
http://www.erp5.com
ERP5 Express: Hosted Open Source ERP for small companies
http://www.myerp5.com
http://www.nexedi.com
bartek
2008-03-03 15:14:28 UTC
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Hi,
I recommend you to try to use or extend Folder.searchFolder API / search
columns in listbox to get the search / sort feature you are looking for.
It should be fairly easy.
Do you mean adding to Folder.searchFolder some way to search/sort by
something which is not in the catalog? Something along the lines of
Base_sortObjectListLikeSQL?

Bartek
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
[...]
"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"
Jean-Paul Smets
2008-03-03 15:49:24 UTC
Post by bartek
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Hi,
I recommend you to try to use or extend Folder.searchFolder API / search
columns in listbox to get the search / sort feature you are looking for.
It should be fairly easy.
-> search: there is already something
-> order: not yet. Must be added.

Regards,