[Erp5-dev] Catalog table update
Guillaume MICHON
2006-03-03 13:32:15 UTC

I have added a field in catalog table. If you update your code from CVS,
you need to clear your catalog and reindex your whole site.
To do it, access to portal_catalog :
http://localhost:9080/erp5/portal_catalog
Then click the Advanced tab and click 'Clear catalog'. It will drop and
recreate the tables. Then reindex your whole site using the following URL :
http://localhost:9080/erp5/ERP5Site_reindexAll
Don't forget to make sure your activities are running.
--
Guillaume MICHON

ASC - Architecture Systems & Consulting S.A.
3 Rue des Artisans L-3895 Foetz
T?l +352 26 17 60 03
Fax +352 26 17 60 07
GSM +352 091 360 090
Guillaume MICHON
2006-03-03 13:47:34 UTC
Sorry, you don't need to update your catalog. Catalog methods are stored
in portal_catalog. Only newly created erp5 sites are affected, and these
ones are automatically updated by this modification.

So you don't need to do anything.

Regards,
Guillaume
Hi,

GSM +352 091 360 090
Jean-Paul Smets
2006-03-06 07:27:08 UTC
Post by Guillaume MICHON
Hi,
I have added a field in catalog table. If you update your code from CVS,
Please be more precise in your emails. (there is no way to know what you
did).

I had a look to

http://cvs.erp5.org/ERP5Catalog/sql/erp5_mysql/properties.xml?r1=1.23&r2=1.24

Please update your code and respect naming conventions

http://wiki.erp5.org/GuidelinesForNamingConvention

for related keys.

Also, in general, it is a bad thing to increase the size of the catalog
table because it has a negative impact on performance. I will review with
you if immobilisation_state is really required. (probably it is).

JPS.
Post by Guillaume MICHON
you need to clear your catalog and reindex your whole site.
http://localhost:9080/erp5/portal_catalog
Then click the Advanced tab and click 'Clear catalog'. It will drop and
recreate the tables. Then reindex your whole site using the following URL
: http://localhost:9080/erp5/ERP5Site_reindexAll
Don't forget to make sure your activities are running.
Please not that SQL methods are being moved to business templates.

JPS.
--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software
http://www.rentalinux.com
Yoshinori Okuji
2006-03-06 12:21:13 UTC
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Please update your code and respect naming conventions
http://wiki.erp5.org/GuidelinesForNamingConvention
for related keys.
Guillaume should not be blamed, because the name convention was defined after
he implemented his related keys. :)

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
http://www.nexedi.com