[Erp5-dev] Problem with tests and location of bt5 directory
Łukasz Nowak
2006-10-11 14:18:51 UTC

In http://www.erp5.org/DownloadLiveCd one can read:

4. Go to the /var/lib/zope/Products directory and checkout latest
version of ERP5 by using the svn_update.sh script.

And its something, which I always done, to setup fresh version of ERP5
site. But running this file such way puts all BTses into
/var/lib/zope/Products/bt5, and unit test are linked to
/var/lib/zope/bt5, and no tests are passed.

I do not know, which location shall be good, but workaround for me was:

cd /var/lib/zope
rmdir bt5
ln -s Products/bt5

Then I was able to run tests. Have I missed something, or such behaviour
is good?

Bye,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 392 10 60 int 37 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
``Use the Source, Luke...''
Jérôme Perrin
2006-10-12 13:12:33 UTC
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
4. Go to the /var/lib/zope/Products directory and checkout latest
version of ERP5 by using the svn_update.sh script.
And its something, which I always done, to setup fresh version of ERP5
site. But running this file such way puts all BTses into
/var/lib/zope/Products/bt5, and unit test are linked to
/var/lib/zope/bt5, and no tests are passed.
cd /var/lib/zope
rmdir bt5
ln -s Products/bt5
Then I was able to run tests. Have I missed something, or such behaviour
is good?
I don't use this script myself, but can you please try the attached patch ?

J?rome
Post by Jérôme Perrin
I don't use this script myself, but can you please try the attached patch ?
It won't help, because update-symlink will not execute, when source file
exists and after installing erp5-zope package directory
/var/lib/zope/bt5 exists, and its empty.

Maybe /var/lib/zope/bt5 shall be removed from package or shall be it
noted (to remove it before svn_update) on HowToUnitTests wikipage?

Bye,
Your Human Based Functional Tester,
Luke