[Erp5-dev] PortalTransform-1.4.0 contains Cross-site scripting (XSS) security issue
Boris Kocherov
2009-02-09 16:57:56 UTC
PortalTransform-1.4.0 contains XSS issue.
PortalTransform-1.5.5 does not contain it issue.
PortalTransform-1.5.5 is available at
http://plone.org/products/archetypes/releases/1.4.6 .

What do you think about using PortalTransform-1.5.5 instead.
It depends of MimetypesRegistry-1.5.0 and demands updating erp5_core
(Paths:portal_transforms/** Tools: mimetypes_registry).

Below you can find my work description which i hope may help you in upgrade.

I created patches for PortalTransform using nexedi's version
http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/products/PortalTransforms/.
They are:
https://www.raskon.org/hg/debs/zope-erp5dep/file/0c9f3b9ed502/debian/patches/portaltransforms_nexedi_fix_infinite_loop.patch
https://www.raskon.org/hg/debs/zope-erp5dep/file/0c9f3b9ed502/debian/patches/portaltransforms_nexedi_use_aq_parent.patch

These patches can be successfully applied on PortalTransform-1.5.5.

These patches exclude some nexedi's changes:
I did not include patch """remove PortalTransforms/configure.zcml that
is not compatible with Zope-2.8's five""" because i am using Five-1.2.6
with Zope2.8.

I did not include patches:
"""let the user configure 'initial_header_level' (cf 'rest-header-level'
directive).""",
"""remove id parameter from log method's arguments.""" ,
because i think they are already applied in 1.5.5.

I did not include the nexedi's changes which are not described in
http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/products/PortalTransforms/HISTORY.txt?view=markup

Regards,
Boris Kocherov
--
Crisis had come unexpectedly, just as winter comes unexpectedly to
Russia every year.
Jean-Paul Smets
2009-02-10 06:57:31 UTC

Good news. Could you do the following:
- launch all unit tests on your machine (those which relate to DMS
and Web)
- make sure they all pass
- let the ML know

Regards,

JPS.
Post by Boris Kocherov
[...]
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
ERP5 Enterprise: Free / Open Source ERP for Critical Applications
http://www.erp5.com
ERP5 Express: Hosted Open Source ERP for small companies
http://www.myerp5.com
http://www.nexedi.com
Kazuhiko Shiozaki
2009-03-18 11:03:00 UTC
Hi Boris,
Post by Boris Kocherov
PortalTransform-1.4.0 contains XSS issue.
PortalTransform-1.5.5 does not contain it issue.
PortalTransform-1.5.5 is available at
http://plone.org/products/archetypes/releases/1.4.6 .
What do you think about using PortalTransform-1.5.5 instead.
It depends of MimetypesRegistry-1.5.0 and demands updating erp5_core
(Paths:portal_transforms/** Tools: mimetypes_registry).
I backported several fixes between 1.4.0 and 1.5.5 to our
PortalTransform repository.
http://svn.erp5.org/?view=rev&revision=25842
And there is no need to update MimetypesRegistry.

Could you please have a look?

Thanks in advance,
Kazuhiko