[Erp5-dev] Deleted - how to make invisible?
Shresth K
2007-06-26 18:21:52 UTC

With reference to the mail
http://www.erp5.org/pipermail/erp5-dev/2006-September/000678.html

Here is the rule we are going towards after much discusion:
1- objects which are handled by workflows can not be deleted: deletion is
part of the workflow (ie. the document lifecycle) and must therefore be
implemented by a workflow action which may for example move the object to
an "archived" state (invisible)

I have managed to get the first part working and objects with workflows can
now be marked as 'Deleted'. But, where is the magic for the "archival" or
"invisible" happening? In the context of Business templates, I can see that
the objects marked as 'Deleted' are no longer visible but how and where is
the logic/code for the same, remains a mystery. Any pointers in this
direction shall be most welcome.

Thanks,
Shresth
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by Shresth K
Hello,
With reference to the mail
http://www.erp5.org/pipermail/erp5-dev/2006-September/000678.html
1- objects which are handled by workflows can not be deleted: deletion is
part of the workflow (ie. the document lifecycle) and must therefore be
implemented by a workflow action which may for example move the object to
an "archived" state (invisible)
I have managed to get the first part working and objects with workflows
can now be marked as 'Deleted'. But, where is the magic for the
"archival" or "invisible" happening? In the context of Business
templates, I can see that the objects marked as 'Deleted' are no longer
visible but how and where is the logic/code for the same, remains a
mystery. Any pointers in this direction shall be most welcome.
Security - workflow in deleted state can take 'view' permissions away
from you (even from Manager), so it disappears from all listboxes.

B.
Post by Shresth K
Thanks,
Shresth
"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"
Shresth K

Post by Shresth K
Thanks. Is there a plan to modify all standard/default workflows to have the
delete_action? If yes, then I can try and submit a patch for the same.
Yes, there is such a plan to review all standard workflows so that they
meet all rules and guidelines.

JPS.
Post by Shresth K
Shresth
Shresth K
2007-06-27 05:07:39 UTC
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Post by Shresth K
Thanks. Is there a plan to modify all standard/default workflows to have the
delete_action? If yes, then I can try and submit a patch for the same.
Yes, there is such a plan to review all standard workflows so that they
meet all rules and guidelines.
What other 'rules and guidelines' should be taken care of in the review
process? If you may provide a pointer/link to a document/discussion then I
can try to consider the same before starting off on the patches. As of now I
am only aware of the missing delete_action.

Shresth