[Erp5-dev] ERP5 - translate name
pavel lstiburek
2012-10-11 12:35:07 UTC
i found that erp5 put Person title in Localizer erp5_content.
Is it my bug or was it purpose? Anyway how can i stop erp5 from doing that?
--
Pavel Lstiburek
-------------- next part --------------

It is a default setting which is likely wrong (it it right for other
portal types such as Product).

You can set this on the portal type settings by selecting "no message
translation" for translatable properties.

Regards,

JPS.
Post by pavel lstiburek
Hi,
i found that erp5 put Person title in Localizer erp5_content.
Is it my bug or was it purpose? Anyway how can i stop erp5 from doing that?
--
Pavel Lstiburek
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Pavel Lstiburek
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:40:57 +0200
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Hi,
It is a default setting which is likely wrong (it it right for other
portal types such as Product).
Yes. Many portal type like Sale Order Line has this setting and it
is not appropriate in most cases. Because this setting easily
causes a conflict error inside Localizer. Localizer uses persistent
mapping to store messages and it is weak to many writing.

Regards,
Yusei
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
You can set this on the portal type settings by selecting "no message
translation" for translatable properties.
Regards,
JPS.
Post by pavel lstiburek
Hi,
i found that erp5 put Person title in Localizer erp5_content.
Is it my bug or was it purpose? Anyway how can i stop erp5 from doing that?
--
Pavel Lstiburek
http://www.nexedi.co.jp/
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP
http://www.erp5.com/
ERP5 Wiki: Developer Zone for ERP5 Community
http://www.erp5.org/
jp
2012-10-11 16:23:55 UTC

In my opinion, this setting should be changed carefully on portal types and commited.

For example: Products, Web Page, Web Site, etc. all need translation
But: Person, Sale Order, Sale Order Line etc. do not necessarily need and it is safe not to translate

Sale Order Line is a good example of case in which some people might want translation, but probably not Localizer based.

Regards,

JPS.
Post by Yusei TAHARA
Hi,
On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:40:57 +0200
Hi,
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
You can set this on the portal type settings by selecting "no message
translation" for translatable properties.
Regards,
JPS.
Hi,