[Erp5-dev] Zelenium/Selenium Update
Rafael Monnerat
2007-09-04 12:48:10 UTC

I started to look some solution for my issue that was how test bloc
position at planning box. And I found (thanks to Zelinium list) one
zelenium branche that uses the latest Selenium (version 0.8.1).

I tested and seems works as before with new cool features (cool for
planning box). Is it possible to start to use these version instead the
currently one at ERP5?

BTw, I'm commiting some zelenium tests at erp5_ui_test, everybody feel
free to review it and propose changes if needed.

See you,

Rafael Monnerat
Jérome Perrin
2007-09-06 07:32:35 UTC
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Hi,
I started to look some solution for my issue that was how test bloc
position at planning box. And I found (thanks to Zelinium list) one
zelenium branche that uses the latest Selenium (version 0.8.1).
I tested and seems works as before with new cool features (cool for
planning box). Is it possible to start to use these version instead the
currently one at ERP5?
Hello,
I have tried this branch
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zelenium/branches/gotcha-selenium-0.8.1
is it this one ?

What new features do you need ?

J?rome
Rafael Monnerat
2007-09-06 11:50:00 UTC
Hi Jerome :) ,
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Hi,
I started to look some solution for my issue that was how test bloc
position at planning box. And I found (thanks to Zelinium list) one
zelenium branche that uses the latest Selenium (version 0.8.1).
I tested and seems works as before with new cool features (cool for
planning box). Is it possible to start to use these version instead the
currently one at ERP5?
Hello,
I have tried this branch
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zelenium/branches/gotcha-selenium-0.8.1
is it this one ?
Yes.
Post by Jérome Perrin
What new features do you need ?
at planning box I have to test:

- bloc position (I already make this test)
- dragdrop

The "drag drop" feature I didn't make the tests it work, I try but seems
not working (maybe my fault). The guys at zelenium discussion list said
that work as before (the tests pass) with some new features of zelenium.

I'm finishing another required tests and requests for Planning Box, and
I didn't have too much time to expend on it at this week.

see you,

just a note:

If you wanna try, create an empty page template test_suite_html at the
portal_skins. It should be made in another way to make zelenium works
but with this you can test Quickly.
Post by Jérome Perrin
J?rome
Jérome Perrin
2007-09-19 10:51:44 UTC
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Hi Jerome :) ,
hi Rafael :)
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Post by Jérome Perrin
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zelenium/branches/gotcha-selenium-0.8.1
is it this one ?
Yes.
Do you know what is the status of this branch, will it be merged or is
it abandonned ?
As far as I see it has not been touched for a while.

Selenium 0.8 introduces a timeout on selectAndWait, instead of waiting
forever. In our case, this bug fix is very important: These days there
is a problem with a selectAndWait in testPlanningBoxDateZoom, selenium
hangs and we don't get any test result messages.
Post by Rafael Monnerat
If you wanna try, create an empty page template test_suite_html at the
portal_skins. It should be made in another way to make zelenium works
but with this you can test Quickly.
Apparently you can run tests with this:
/erp5/portal_tests/core/TestRunner.html?test=..%2Ftest_suite_html&resultsUrl=..%2FpostResults&auto=true&__ac_name=ERP5TypeTestCase&__ac_password=

J?rome
Rafael Monnerat
2007-09-19 13:17:38 UTC
Post by Jérome Perrin
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Hi Jerome :) ,
hi Rafael :)
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Post by Jérome Perrin
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zelenium/branches/gotcha-selenium-0.8.1
is it this one ?
Yes.
Do you know what is the status of this branch, will it be merged or is
it abandonned ?
As far as I see it has not been touched for a while.
The guys at the list said that it should be merged, but they didn't have
time to merge it.

Post by Jérome Perrin
forever. In our case, this bug fix is very important: These days there
is a problem with a selectAndWait in testPlanningBoxDateZoom, selenium
hangs and we don't get any test result messages.
Probebly yes, I'm not at my city and I'm not able to connect my laptop to
commit the fixes, more tests and requested features.
As soon as possible I will commit the fixes.
Post by Rafael Monnerat
portal_skins. It should be made in another way to make zelenium works
but with this you can test Quickly.
/erp5/portal_tests/core/TestRunner.html?test=..%2Ftest_suite_html&resultsUrl=..%2FpostResults&auto=true&__ac_name=ERP5TypeTestCase&__ac_password=
J?rome
Rafael M. Monnerat