[Erp5-dev] Is CMFMailin in further development?
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2007-04-30 12:38:52 UTC

I've started using the CMFMailin tool and processing the mails incoming to
ERP5. But it looks like the tool doesn't use the new Python 'email' module
features yet and it would be most welcome (by the developer :) ) if theMail
dictionary contained prepared data (decoded body/subjects, split email
addresses from the full names, etc...).
All that can be processed 'by hand' using custom scripts, but requires a lot
of external methods due to module 'email' not being allowed inside Zope.

We thought about expanding the current possibilities of CMFMailin Tool
ourselves, but want to know The opinion or if maybe the tool already is being
worked on?

Mikolaj
Romain Courteaud
2007-04-30 12:52:59 UTC
Post by Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
Post by Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
I've started using the CMFMailin tool and processing the mails incoming to
ERP5. But it looks like the tool doesn't use the new Python 'email' module
features yet and it would be most welcome (by the developer :) ) if theMail
dictionary contained prepared data (decoded body/subjects, split email
addresses from the full names, etc...).
All that can be processed 'by hand' using custom scripts, but requires a lot
of external methods due to module 'email' not being allowed inside Zope.
We thought about expanding the current possibilities of CMFMailin Tool
ourselves, but want to know The opinion or if maybe the tool already is being
worked on?
Did you already look at:
http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/products/ERP5Type/patches/CMFMailIn.py ?

Regards,
Romain
Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz
2007-04-30 14:50:20 UTC
Post by Romain Courteaud
http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/products/ERP5Type/patches/CMFMailIn.py ?
No.... I didn't look there....

Wow! What a nice folder!
That CMFMailin patch is exactly what I was looking for!
Thank You so much!

I was using the built-in sendMailToZope.py script which calls the old
postMailMessage method. Somehow I missed the info about the new method. But
now I'll be checking that wonderful folder next time I'd like to patch
something :)

Mikolaj
Post by Romain Courteaud
Regards,