[Erp5-dev] [bk@raskon.org: genbt5list]
Boris Kocherov
2010-04-16 10:53:15 UTC
----- Forwarded message from Boris Kocherov <bk at raskon.org> -----

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 05:57:29 +0400
From: Boris Kocherov <bk at raskon.org>
To: leonardo at nexedi.com
Subject: genbt5list

Hello Leonardo,

Congratulation you make changes, which i make 17 month ago.
http://www.raskon.org/hg/erp5/trunk-patched/.hg/patches/file/2fb02b9e9e12/genbt5list_directory_support.patch

What happened?
Our plans are now the same?
What are our plans?

Best regards,
Boris
--
Crisis had come unexpectedly, just as winter comes unexpectedly to
Russia every year.

----- End forwarded message -----
Leonardo Rochael Almeida
2010-04-16 15:11:27 UTC
Hi Boris,

Personally, I was unaware of your list of patches up until your e-mail.

As for genbt5list, it doesn't make sense to make a repository with bt5
directories available over the web because it would mean downloading
lots of little files for a single business template. However it does
make sense from the point of view of a developer with a checkout of the
business templates on his machine, hence my changes.

I cannot speak for Nexedi's plans, or for your plans for that matter. My
plan is to make developing with ERP5 as convenient as I can make it.

Regards,

Boris
Boris Kocherov
2010-04-17 12:22:02 UTC
Ol? Leonardo Rochael Almeida,
Post by Leonardo Rochael Almeida
Hi Boris,
Personally, I was unaware of your list of patches up until your e-mail.
If we had open bug-tracking system all developers would be able to check
the relative patches done by other before coding.
Post by Leonardo Rochael Almeida
As for genbt5list, it doesn't make sense to make a repository with bt5
directories available over the web because it would mean downloading
lots of little files for a single business template. However it does
make sense from the point of view of a developer with a checkout of the
business templates on his machine, hence my changes.
I agree with you and took this into account when i was doing my patch.
Post by Leonardo Rochael Almeida
I cannot speak for Nexedi's plans, or for your plans for that matter. My
plan is to make developing with ERP5 as convenient as I can make it.
Isn't it a argument to have common bugtracking including feature
request?

Best regards,
Boris
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 05:57:29 +0400