[Erp5-dev] Local version of ZMySQLDA and new version of ZMySQLDDA
Pelletier Vincent
2007-03-26 16:28:13 UTC
Hi.

I've added to our repository a modified version of ZMySQLDA - MySQL connector
product for Zope.
It contains modifications to make it work under Zope 2.8 - the original
product has problems because Zope 2.8 removes volatile attributes from
objects randomly during transactions.
As that change is quite heavy, I prefered to commit a local version rather
than maintaining a patch during its development phase.

On the positive side, that change allows to get rid of all locks in ZMySQLDA
(and at worse replace them by cheap & dumb flags), so this version should
perform better than the standard one.
On the negative side, it breaks compatibility with current ZMySQLDDA, so I had
to modify it aswell, and I will commit that new version tomorrow morning
(EST).

Warning: This new ZMySQLDDA version will also depend on our local version of
ZMySQLDA... So make sure to update both at the same time.

For both products, functionalities from "user" (ie, programer) point of view
will remain strictly the same, with unchanged API.
Vincent Pelletier
Pelletier Vincent
2007-03-27 11:39:41 UTC
I will commit that new version tomorrow morning (EST).
Done as of r13706.
Vincent Pelletier
Pelletier Vincent
2007-03-27 12:11:42 UTC
Post by Pelletier Vincent
I will commit that new version tomorrow morning (EST).
Done as of r13706.
...and I added a wiki entry to explain the pooling mechanism:

http://wiki.erp5.org/TechnicalNoteOnSQLConnectors
--
Vincent Pelletier