[Erp5-dev] formatting text in listbox columns
Bartek Gorny
2006-08-03 18:17:12 UTC
Hello

Is is possible to use html formatting in listbox? By default, html
tags are converted to entities - is there a way to override it and to
pass "raw" html to a listbox cell? If not, is listbox capable of using
some other markup?

Bartek
--
"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"
Yoshinori Okuji
2006-08-04 10:07:06 UTC
Post by Bartek Gorny
Is is possible to use html formatting in listbox? By default, html
tags are converted to entities - is there a way to override it and to
pass "raw" html to a listbox cell? If not, is listbox capable of using
some other markup?
Use widgets. For example, if you have a ListBox "listbox", you can specify a
widget "listbox_foo" to render a column "foo". There should be many examples
in ERP5.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi CTO
http://www.nexedi.com
http://wiki.erp5.org
Bartek Gorny
2006-08-04 11:30:18 UTC
Post by Yoshinori Okuji
Post by Bartek Gorny
Is is possible to use html formatting in listbox? By default, html
tags are converted to entities - is there a way to override it and to
pass "raw" html to a listbox cell? If not, is listbox capable of using
some other markup?
Use widgets. For example, if you have a ListBox "listbox", you can specify a
widget "listbox_foo" to render a column "foo". There should be many examples
in ERP5.
Just to be sure - I have to write and register my own widget?

BG
Post by Yoshinori Okuji
YO
Bartek Gorny
2006-08-07 09:17:48 UTC
Post by Bartek Gorny
Post by Yoshinori Okuji
Post by Bartek Gorny
Is is possible to use html formatting in listbox? By default, html
tags are converted to entities - is there a way to override it and to
pass "raw" html to a listbox cell? If not, is listbox capable of using
some other markup?
Use widgets. For example, if you have a ListBox "listbox", you can specify a
widget "listbox_foo" to render a column "foo". There should be many examples
in ERP5.
Just to be sure - I have to write and register my own widget?
In case anybody is interested, the answer that Yo didn't give was "no,
you don't need to, there is EditorField widget that does exactly what
you need".

Bartek
Post by Bartek Gorny
BG
Post by Yoshinori Okuji
YO
Bartek Gorny
2006-08-04 14:18:39 UTC
Ok, I've done it - a simple, uneditable field that just displays
whatever it's got, wrapped in a <div>; I called it RawHTMLField.
Should I commit it to ERP5Form?

B.