[Erp5-dev] BT and SQL catalog - automatic setup
Łukasz Nowak
2006-08-16 14:28:50 UTC

I've created custom table in SQL catalog, and added it in SQL Catalog
Properties in sql_search_tables.

Is it possibile to make it with BT engine? I'd like to export this BT,
and while importing to have it in this list.

Thanks in advance,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 392 10 60 int 37 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
https://ssl.ventis.com.pl/keys/lukasz.nowak.pub.asc
Bartek Gorny
2006-08-17 15:02:18 UTC
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
I've created custom table in SQL catalog, and added it in SQL Catalog
Properties in sql_search_tables.
Is it possibile to make it with BT engine? I'd like to export this BT,
and while importing to have it in this list.
I think they'll be added automagically - did you try it?

Bartek
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Thanks in advance,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 392 10 60 int 37 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
https://ssl.ventis.com.pl/keys/lukasz.nowak.pub.asc
"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"
Bartek Gorny
2006-08-17 16:31:02 UTC
Post by Bartek Gorny
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
I've created custom table in SQL catalog, and added it in SQL Catalog
Properties in sql_search_tables.
Is it possibile to make it with BT engine? I'd like to export this BT,
and while importing to have it in this list.
I think they'll be added automagically - did you try it?
Ah, yes, you're right - they are added to catalog_object_list,
uncatalog_object and clear_catalog, but not to search_tables. Indeed,
business templates should offer an option to add it upon installation.
This'd be a feature request.

Actually, it is worse then that - when you install a bt5 which adds
some catalog methods, tables that you had added to search_tables
manually are removed from selection, and everything goes back to
default setting. And this, IMO, is a bug.

Bartek
Post by Bartek Gorny
Bartek
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Thanks in advance,
Luke
Jérôme Perrin
2006-08-18 07:22:48 UTC
Post by Bartek Gorny
Post by Bartek Gorny
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
I've created custom table in SQL catalog, and added it in SQL Catalog
Properties in sql_search_tables.
Is it possibile to make it with BT engine? I'd like to export this BT,
and while importing to have it in this list.
I think they'll be added automagically - did you try it?
Ah, yes, you're right - they are added to catalog_object_list,
uncatalog_object and clear_catalog, but not to search_tables. Indeed,
business templates should offer an option to add it upon installation.
This'd be a feature request.
This is "Catalog Result Tables" in "Catalog Method" view of a business
template.

You can recreate all your catalog configuration using business template,
properties of the catalog that involves *tables or columns* (like
sql_search_tables, sql_search_result_keys ...) can be configured from this
"Catalog Method" view. Properties that involves *methods* (like
sql_catalog_object_list, sql_catalog_produce_reserved ...) are guessed from
methods you include in the business template.
Post by Bartek Gorny
Actually, it is worse then that - when you install a bt5 which adds
some catalog methods, tables that you had added to search_tables
manually are removed from selection, and everything goes back to
default setting. And this, IMO, is a bug.
I was unable to reproduce this (see svn r.9249), and looking at the code in
BusinessTemplate.py, it takes care of keeping existing catalog configuration
when installing or uninstalling a bt. Are you able to reproduce the problem
with latest version ?
--
J?rome