[Erp5-dev] Developer version of ERP5's packages for Debian
Łukasz Nowak
2007-10-11 09:48:59 UTC

I used svn-buildpackage to prove that it is good enough tool to
create .deb packages for ERP5. As I understand that such change shall
not be made on Nexedi's repository I've started project[1] on
Google-Code to achieve my goal (let's say it is now 80% complete).

You might read how to install ERP5 on Debian and derivatives[2] and what
kind of help is needed[3].

As soon as those package development system would be accepted I'd like
to commit full trees into Nexedi's repository, what I wouldn't do
without explicit permission.

Thanks to Yusei Tahara for creating debianized packages - I wouldn't be
able to achieve those goals from scratch.

I'm inviting anyone to test those packages, submit issues.

Please note that those packages are experimental and unofficial, and so
may destroy your system.

Those packages may destroy your system, because they are experimental
and unofficial.

You've been warned. Twice ;)

Regards,
Luke

[1] http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5
[2] http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5/wiki/HowToRunERP5OnDebian
[3] http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5/wiki/Todo
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 768 16 85 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
``Use the Source, Luke...''
Ivan Tyagov
2007-10-11 10:21:56 UTC
Post by Łukasz Nowak
I'm inviting anyone to test those packages, submit issues.
Please note that those packages are experimental and unofficial, and so
may destroy your system.
Those packages may destroy your system, because they are experimental
and unofficial.
You can use 'VirtualBox' under Mandriva (2007.1) and install debian OS
virtual machine and test in it packages without worrying about the host
OS (Mandriva). It's easy and safe imho.

Regards
Ivan
Rafael Monnerat
2007-10-11 12:34:04 UTC
Good initiative!

I use ERP5 at Ubuntu 7.04 (Updated to 7.10 currently) and it would be
nice has stable Debian packages for erp5 one day. I installed using
debian packages from erp5 svn.

I don't like discuss about linux distribuitions, but It's a very good
news have erp5 for many diferent linux distributions. Maybe for
Slackware some day :) ...

If I have time I will test your packages at my spare machine or in a
Virtual Box.

See you,

Rafael Monnerat
Post by Ivan Tyagov
Hi,
bartek
2007-10-11 12:37:55 UTC
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Good initiative!
I use ERP5 at Ubuntu 7.04 (Updated to 7.10 currently) and it would be
nice has stable Debian packages for erp5 one day. I installed using
debian packages from erp5 svn.
I don't like discuss about linux distribuitions, but It's a very good
news have erp5 for many diferent linux distributions. Maybe for
Slackware some day :) ...
I don't know about Slackware, but we are working together with Novell
Poland on SLES/SuSE packages, we expect to have it ready and approved
later this month.

Bartek
Post by Rafael Monnerat
If I have time I will test your packages at my spare machine or in a
Virtual Box.
See you,
Rafael Monnerat
Post by Ivan Tyagov
Hi,
Post by Łukasz Nowak
I'm inviting anyone to test those packages, submit issues.
Please note that those packages are experimental and unofficial, and so
may destroy your system.
Those packages may destroy your system, because they are experimental
and unofficial.
You can use 'VirtualBox' under Mandriva (2007.1) and install debian OS
virtual machine and test in it packages without worrying about the host
OS (Mandriva). It's easy and safe imho.
Regards
Ivan
"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"
Łukasz Nowak
2007-10-11 12:41:51 UTC

On 2007-10-11, 09:34:04
Post by Rafael Monnerat
Good initiative!
I use ERP5 at Ubuntu 7.04 (Updated to 7.10 currently) and it would be
nice has stable Debian packages for erp5 one day. I installed using
debian packages from erp5 svn.
I've tested ERP5 on Ubuntu 7.04 with installed ERP5 from sources (some
based on Nexedi RPMs, others on original debian packages). Runs fine -
we are preparing to set up production server with debian. And those
packages will be used - so I need to have them tested and in quite good
condition.
Post by Rafael Monnerat
I don't like discuss about linux distribuitions, but It's a very good
news have erp5 for many diferent linux distributions. Maybe for
Slackware some day :) ...
No distro-wars :) It is only habit in my case - I'm used to Debian, I
understand it and so on. That's why I always dreamt about having
nice .debs
Post by Rafael Monnerat
If I have time I will test your packages at my spare machine or in a
Virtual Box.
Thanks.

BTW. Next big optional step is to polish those packages enough to put
them to debian official repository. I've asked already some people on
#debian-devel on OFTC - they will welcome them. I hope such step would
be quite good from marketing point of view?

But for now, I'd like to aim to have nice repository with those
packages. And maybe move their development to Nexedi repository
(if/when svn-buildpackage will ba accepted)? :)

Regards,
Luke
``Use the Source, Luke...''
Jean-Paul Smets
2007-10-11 12:17:34 UTC
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
I used svn-buildpackage to prove that it is good enough tool to
create .deb packages for ERP5. As I understand that such change shall
not be made on Nexedi's repository I've started project[1] on
Google-Code to achieve my goal (let's say it is now 80% complete).
Thanks. If your changes are useful and allow to save time, I see no
reason not to integrate them to Nexedi svn repository.
Post by Łukasz Nowak
You might read how to install ERP5 on Debian and derivatives[2] and what
kind of help is needed[3].
As soon as those package development system would be accepted I'd like
to commit full trees into Nexedi's repository, what I wouldn't do
without explicit permission.
Thanks to Yusei Tahara for creating debianized packages - I wouldn't be
able to achieve those goals from scratch.
I'm inviting anyone to test those packages, submit issues.
Please note that those packages are experimental and unofficial, and so
may destroy your system.
Those packages may destroy your system, because they are experimental
and unofficial.
You've been warned. Twice ;)
Thanks for the advice.
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Regards,
Luke
[1] http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5
[2] http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5/wiki/HowToRunERP5OnDebian
[3] http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5/wiki/Todo
--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software
http://www.erp5.org
Yusei TAHARA
2007-10-11 13:22:13 UTC
Hi.

Great work! Thank you very much for complete packaging.
I'll try later.

Hello,
Łukasz Nowak
2007-10-12 07:52:43 UTC

On 2007-10-11, 11:48:59
?ukasz Nowak <lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl> wrote:

(...)

I see that you moved to Zope 2.8. Shall I catch up this version - it
is "official" Zope version used?

http://svn.erp5.org/?view=rev&revision=16916

Regards,
Luke