[Erp5-dev] graph drawer for objects in ERP5
Łukasz Nowak
2007-06-28 14:42:20 UTC

While playing with MRP system I'm often stuck with question: what are
relations for this objects, and this related objects, and so on?

I'll try to create generic graph drawer for objects, as a developer
tool.

I'm attaching business template and example invocation. I'll be glad if
this tool would be developed on official nexedi repo - if it is
acceptable.

Thanks,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 768 16 85 fax: +48 32 392 10 61

On 2007-06-28, 16:42:20
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
New version, with features:

* made ProductionOrder_viewGraph nice graph
* you can pass special parameters to Base_getPot, to achieve
possibility to have graphs for many objects on one screen, look for
ProductionOrder_viewGraph for comments

TODO:
* Base_viewGraph have to be ERP5Form-like
* clickable objects in graphs
* better implementation of meta-type mapping

Thanks,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 768 16 85 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
``Use the Source, Luke...''
I will not be able to look at your contrib immediately but I like so
much the idea and I want to thank you. I have always wanted something
like that.
BTW, are elements on the graph clickable (with a URL) ?

Regards,

JPS.
Hi,
Łukasz Nowak
2007-06-29 09:50:39 UTC

On 2007-06-29, 11:41:46
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Hi Luke,
I will not be able to look at your contrib immediately but I like so
much the idea and I want to thank you. I have always wanted something
like that.
BTW, are elements on the graph clickable (with a URL) ?
They will be - I think it is possible - same as dony in Doxygen.
I'll first have to manage create form (as like View Metadata) for it -
some steps (kwargs in generating .pot files) are ready.
Also some cleanups are needed, work is in progress. I'm using it
currently to catch up simulations and understand productions orders, or
any objects, which relations to other objects are complicated enough.

BTW - other file formats are also avaiable - like PostScript.

I think such tool might be used as helper for entry users and
documentation screens.

Luke
``Use the Source, Luke...''
Jean-Paul Smets
2007-06-29 10:00:36 UTC
Hello,
On 2007-06-29, 11:41:46
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
Hi Luke,
I will not be able to look at your contrib immediately but I like so
much the idea and I want to thank you. I have always wanted something
like that.
BTW, are elements on the graph clickable (with a URL) ?
They will be - I think it is possible - same as dony in Doxygen.
I'll first have to manage create form (as like View Metadata) for it -
some steps (kwargs in generating .pot files) are ready.
Also some cleanups are needed, work is in progress. I'm using it
currently to catch up simulations and understand productions orders, or
any objects, which relations to other objects are complicated enough.
BTW - other file formats are also avaiable - like PostScript.
I think such tool might be used as helper for entry users and
documentation screens.
Maybe this tool should be turned into a Field. This would allow to
reuse it in many places.

JPS.
Luke
Łukasz Nowak
2007-07-03 12:22:51 UTC

On 2007-06-29, 11:41:46
Jean-Paul Smets <jp at nexedi.com> wrote:

(...)
Post by Jean-Paul Smets
BTW, are elements on the graph clickable (with a URL) ?
It is possible to generate image maps for graph - client or server
type[1]. Only drawback is that image maps are always rectangle, they are
not covering circle or similar objects. I think it is not problem in
this case, but if so, it could be patched.

I'll try to generate click-able form based on existing widgets.

Luke

[1]http://www.graphviz.org/doc/info/output.html
``Use the Source, Luke...''
Łukasz Nowak
2007-07-03 07:41:28 UTC

On 2007-06-28, 16:42:20
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
Just updated version, with colorization of paths and some cleanups.

Luke