[Erp5-dev] ERP5 and reportlab - debian/ubuntu packages, Nexedi's .deb repository, testing .debs
Łukasz Nowak
2007-02-20 13:05:15 UTC

AFAIK ERP5 won't work with reportlab 2. But debian/unstable and
ubuntu/dapper provides only reportlab 2.

Which solution shall I choose:

* wait for reportlab 2 support in ERP5,
* upport reportlab 1.x (eg. from debian/stable, but there is not
freshest version) with special package name
* find and use unofficial reportlab 1.x package
* create my own freshest reportlab 1.x package based on existing one
from reportlab.org, then take care to update it? (I *think* it is
preffered, and http://www.reportlab.org/downloads.html says, that
reportlab 1.21 is latest one in 1.x branch)

Well, I'll have to check, how that oldpackage shall be named:
erp5-python-repotlab, or python-reportlab1.2. I think that erp5-zope
package shall be explicitly depended on this special package.

I'd like to ask, if it is possible to create on one of Nexedi's servers
repository for .deb packages (debian and ubuntu). Requirements:
- http/ftp access for download
- ftp/rsync access for upload
- not special actions have to be taken on server

If anyone have time/resources/knowledge please comment to me (maybe
personal) changes in debian/unstable and ubuntu/dapper packages.

Thanks,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 768 16 85 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
``Use the Source, Luke...''
Jean-Paul Smets
2007-02-20 19:46:46 UTC
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Hello,
AFAIK ERP5 won't work with reportlab 2. But debian/unstable and
ubuntu/dapper provides only reportlab 2.
* wait for reportlab 2 support in ERP5,
Probably not going to happen soon (if ever). We focus now on OOo.
Post by Łukasz Nowak
* upport reportlab 1.x (eg. from debian/stable, but there is not
freshest version) with special package name
Not too bad.
Post by Łukasz Nowak
erp5-python-repotlab, or python-reportlab1.2. I think that erp5-zope
package shall be explicitly depended on this special package.
I'd like to ask, if it is possible to create on one of Nexedi's servers
- http/ftp access for download
- ftp/rsync access for upload
- not special actions have to be taken on server
If anyone have time/resources/knowledge please comment to me (maybe
personal) changes in debian/unstable and ubuntu/dapper packages.
I think this is a good idea.
Post by Łukasz Nowak
Thanks,
Luke
--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software
http://www.rentalinux.com
Kevin Deldycke
2007-02-21 09:45:52 UTC
Post by Łukasz Nowak
I'd like to ask, if it is possible to create on one of Nexedi's servers
- http/ftp access for download
- ftp/rsync access for upload
- not special actions have to be taken on server
I can upload some debian packages for you beside mandriva's, in something like
http://nexedi.org/static/debian

Give me the exact folder structure that should be used and a place where I can
get packages. Then I'll be able to put your contributions on Nexedi's servers
quickly. Finally you can add a new page in the wiki to explain how to get and
install ERP5 on debian.

For long term maintenance, you should privately ask Jean-Paul if it's a good
idea to let him give you some access to official Nexedi's servers for upload.
--
Kevin Deldycke