??: [Erp5-dev] Sample Data for Live CD ERP5 Site
Liming_Do
2005-02-04 01:27:35 UTC
yeah,sample data will be helpful for evaluation users.
erp5 developers, please consider it if possible.

-----????-----
???: erp5-dev-bounces at erp5.org [mailto:erp5-dev-bounces at erp5.org]?? Gopal Santhanam
????: 2005?2?4? 3:35
???: erp5-dev at erp5.org
??: erp5-users at erp5.org
??: [Erp5-dev] Sample Data for Live CD ERP5 Site

Hi,

After trying to struggle with the RPMs, I was glad to see the release of
the Live CD. I got it up and running with relatively little effort and
I am able to see the sample ERP5 modules. The software looks very
promising.

However, it would be great for evaluation purposes to have the ERP5
sample site populated with sample data. I can try to populate it myself
but it wouldn't be quite the same as having oodles of transactions for
testing.

Is it possible for the maintainers to post some sample data along with
quick instructions on how to load it into my environment? I'm hoping to
finish my evaluation soon so the earlier I could get my hands on sample
data the better.

Thanks in advance!
Gopal
Jean-Paul Smets
2005-02-04 09:15:28 UTC
Post by Liming_Do
yeah,sample data will be helpful for evaluation users.
erp5 developers, please consider it if possible.
Thanks for the email. We have real data from customers. We are not allowed
by law and contract to show this data. It is a pitty but there is nothing
to do (this is a usual problem in ERPs).

Regarding sample data, it takes about as much effort to produce it as to
make a "real" ERP5 implementation. Cost is close to 50 KEUR. We have not
been able yet to find a person or organisation ready to finance such a
project. Please let me know if you have any idea how to finance such a
project.

(of course, we could do it without being financed but then we would have to
close the company after a few months which would not be a good solution for
the future of ERP5)

JPS.
Post by Liming_Do
???: erp5-dev-bounces at erp5.org [mailto:erp5-dev-bounces at erp5.org]?? Gopal
Santhanam ????: 2005?2?4? 3:35
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software
http://www.nexedi.com
ERP5: Libre/ Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies
http://www.erp5.org
Rentalinux: VPN/WiFi infrastructure, Desktop Linux Server
http://www.rentalinux.com