[Erp5-dev] Hiding Production Packing List - simplification of ERP5's MRP
Łukasz Nowak
2007-10-25 08:42:44 UTC

I'm playing more and more with MRP-related stuff. After some talks,
experiments and analysis I got such conclusions:
* it is possible to implement basic MRP in ERP5
* BOMs are implemented by Transformation portal type
* information about paths of deliveries of goods, which shall be
produced/consumed/transfered are implemented by Supply Chain
* Production Packing List are used to move goods, which shall be
consumed/used
* Production Report are used to produce/consume goods

(BTW - all of it is working out-of-the-box right now - other
MRP-implementators are welcome to hack and to extend MRP-related HowTos
on ERP5 wiki).

We've got scenario, where we are not interested in (at least for now)
observing transferring of resources, which will be consumed/produced.
So we might "ignore" Production Packing List.

In our scenario (nodes are Organisation and Workshop,
consumption/production is on Workshop, resources to consume are
provided by Organisation, produced resources are moved to Organisation)
I was thinking about to relate Production Packing List delivering
resources to consume with Production Report about consumption and
Production Packing List delivering produced resources with Production
Report about production with 1-to-1, then hide Production Packing List
from UI, write scripts, which will automagically update Production
Packing List, as Production Report is updated (and do automatic Accept
Decision on Production Report/Production Packing List).

That way resources will be consumed/produced in Workshop and will be
shown on Organisation stock. This is enough in our case. We will need
Production Packing List for few boundary conditions, so then so magic
will be used, to give information about them in UI.

I'd like to know, if I'm right. Any comments, ideas, implementation/use
cases are welcomed.

Regards,
Luke
--
?ukasz Nowak R&D Ventis http://www.ventis.com.pl/
tel: +48 32 768 16 85 fax: +48 32 392 10 61